Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we keep Statutory Infotypes in Hiring Action

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do we need to put all the statutory infotypes e.g IT580,IT581,IT582 while hiring an employee into the organization.

As far as i understand these can be maintained later with PA30  so there is no compulsion of managing it in Hiring....as i see it confuses the users a bit.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

former_member182306
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It all depends on client requirement whether they would like to have in PA40 or through PA30

I would rather suggest you to do through PA40 to complete all statutory activities

when employee hired in company

we need to have PF Professional Tax, 585 586 infotypes all are important

Its better to have end to end Hiring process to complete in one go rather than doing in PA40 Later doing in PA30.

we have 20 infotypes maintained for Hiring action in earlier project that contain statutory infotypes as well.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually we maintain statutory info types, Further it depends on the client requirement, Why we have to maintain them in Hiring Info group is while w are hiring an employee we should maintain the necessary details, Whether he is eligible or not for those benefits. if we are not clear that whether he is eligible or not we can skip those IT's and later we can maintain for those employees but this is not the case for all employees since we should decide that whether he is eligible or not and we will have to update those details while hiring itself, Apart from that SAP has given option to maintain information against to those IT's after hiring as well.

For your clear understanding go through standard entries, you will get an idea.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

do you have any knowledge through which this can be achieved....."Back Ground Processing"

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should take care how to ask. You should not ask if we have knowledge or not? Just take care in future.

Anyway to make the dynamic action step background put /D at the end. You need to put /D for only those steps which you want in background. for example:

Infotype 0019, subtype 01 is deleted in the background when the field PRBZT or PRBZH in infotype 0016 is changed or created (function code 06).

The following entries are equivalent:

o 0016 PRBZH 06 I DEL,0019,01/D

0016 PRBZT 06 I DEL,0019,01/D

Regards

Aj

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use /D at the end as indicated by Ajay. so infotype wont get popped up but silently created at the backend.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use /D at the end as indicated by Ajay. so infotype wont get popped up but silently created at the backend.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks a lot for reforming them.

Regards

Sriram

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

As you rightly said IT581 is based on dynamic action...but how can i manage to avoid it while hiring & managing only HRA in 0008.

Right now IT581 is coming after 0008 can we put it under back ground processing.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That would be better.. put it in background processing.

Thanks

Sriram

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I should recommand you that do not go with back end processing for some thing else which is not recommanded by best practice.

Since it's done already because it's connected with tax code SHRA in the T7INT9 table. If employee has not furnished about his HRA details then user will not maintain any thing in IT581 in the action type sequence.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's depend upon the requirement and understand that what are those infotype's required to maintain at the time of Hiring.

Since i can suggest you that those infotypes are required which is mandatory like previous employment details (IT580), Housing details (IT581, it's required because of dynamic action linked with IT581 & IT8), Conveyance Type(IT583,it's required because of dynamic action linked with IT583 & IT8), PF details(IT583), ESI & Ptax deduction(IT588).

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It all depends on the requirement.. if those infotypes are important and its necessary for all indian payroll.. you can have it in the initial hiring action , or else you can take it up later with PA30,

Its all depend on the requirement of client.

Thanks

SRiram

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have basic infotypes in the hiring , after completion of onboarding you can have Action with (complete hiring ) or something else as per your process and naming conventions. In complete hiring you can have all these 58 series infotypes.

Thanks

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is mandatory for subsequent processes like Time eval, or Payroll it must be part of the hiring. 

Usually the first/initial hiring is for infotypes 1, 2, 6, 16 not related to value.

The next one will be for IT 7, 8, etc related with payroll.

If these infotypes are for previous employment, then you can add later through PA30 or if all the three are required, then through PA40 with another pers.action suitably named.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Out of the IT580 series infotypes which one you would suggest to keep in hiring action.

Is it compulsory to maintain IT0581 in hiring action for the employee??

Keeping all these in Hiring actions makes the hiring action very lengthy & the user looses interest in it.

Please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely not . You shouldupdate 58 series after hiring as and when required.