cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to create Home page frame work for WDA Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are developing a number of WDA applications. We want to create a home page as in Portal for a given Iview or set of transactions to display our WDA applications at the same time. Also the requirement is to open the transaction in same window as in where the applications will be displayed, until and unless specified by the users.

I could use LINK to URL for this navigation, but URL will keep changing once we move WDA applications to PRD server.

Please help.. its real urgent.

Regards

Rohit Chowdhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I could use LINK to URL for this navigation, but URL will keep changing once we move WDA applications to PRD server.</i>

Hi you could use the relative path instead the ablolute URL to navigate to another web Dynpro APP.

I guess this didn't change from DEV to Prod.

See this blog:/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/07/18/basic-concepts-150-url-semantics

You metioned that you have a portal.then you couldd also use the WDA Portal navigation described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/87/f96f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regadrs

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will it be possbile for you to provide an example for this?

Thanks in Advance.

Rohit Chowdhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using the portal. We are going to run these applications without the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

relativ URLs means that you can skip the common parts of the URL. The WD-applications are stored in the same SICF path.As described in the weblog you can open another web Dynpro Application just by refering to the Application Name in the link.So you have not the problem of changing hostnames when transporting to prod as you have when using absolute URLs. I can't check wheather this works fine for wda,because i have no wda system a the moment(weekend).But for BSP and as described in the blog it should work fine.

To your other question regarding barcodes from the previous thread:

A lot of barcode vendors shipping a software which simulating the keyboard during the scan. That means that you only have to set the cursor into the wda input field and start the barcode scan. The browser then tread the data as if it were typed manually.Thats all for getting the value into the wda input field in an easy way.So its more a front end and barcode software problem than a wda problem. Aksel descibed and solved this in the thread i was refering too.

Regards.

Frank

Message was edited by:

Frank Brackmann