cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new condition table in Access Sequence

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a new requirement where I need to a add a new condition table between two existing tables in the access sequence(V/07).

Now the problem is, the existing two tables has its Access Numbers as 10 and 11.

Is there any solution to add the table in between 10 and 11?

I can only think of possibly deleting the 11 and then add the new condition table at 11 and create the condition table of 11 in 12.

If I have to resort to this option what would be the impact?

Thanks,

Theerthesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello TW Brian,

Thank you vary much for your inputs.

I want to add a condition table(existing) between two condition tables of the Access Sequence and this is related to pricing.

But I cannot re number the access numbers as they are non editable.

The only option i can see is to delete and re enter the condition tables. Ofcourse while numbering this time I will give scope for future additions.

As far as updating the VBOX tables i think it is relevant only for adding new entries to Rebate relevant Access sequence. Again it's if the condition table created is new. Else just running VBOF should suffice(to update past documents) if we are adding a existing condition table to the Access Sequence.

Coming to my requirement, I think i can safely proceed with deleting and adding the condition tables? Please let me know if you foresee any other impact.

Thanks,

Theerthesh.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theerthesh,

You did not specify for which functionaltiy are you doing changes to access sequence (pricing, rebate, output???) Yes, the only way is to delete a condition table in the access sequence and then create with new access no. and same condition table. This will not make impact in the condition records.

Your observation about VBOX and VBOF is spot on!

NOTE: Test well in QAS and make sure business tests thoroughly in UAT.

TW

0 Kudos

TW, I have already mentioned it is related to pricing in my previous comment.

'I want to add a condition table(existing) between two condition tables of the Access Sequence and this is related to pricing'.

Thank you very much for your expert and timely opinion. I will certainly test it thoroughly. I will come back if i observe anything amiss so that we will be aware of this.

Theerthesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theerthesh,

sorry I missed reading that part!added: and yes please do update us with your test results, findings; ultimately it is about learning in a group.

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Hi

Making changes to a productive pricing procedure or the structure of it's conditions is not  recommended because of follow on impacts on subsequent processing on existing documents.
For example if you change the access sequence of a rebate condition you immediately invalidate the
rebate index VBOX (because the variable key for the condition is built using the access) this would mean having to completely rebuild the VBOX table which can be a huge task.

SAP note 388112 the details of such changes and outlines the position.

If this access sequence you want to change is commonly used across several conditions and pricing procedures it is better not to touch it. Instead create a new one and re-assign it to a new identical flow to avoid causing issues in your existing documents.

Hope it helps you further
Kind regards
Brian

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

Your concerns of impact on production system are valid! And impact analysis and testing needs to be done before going for any changes to existing objects.

Here OP is not changing the access sequence, he is including another table in the same access sequence, which currently has 2 condition tables. Further, he wants to change the sequence of the tables.

You need to redo the indexing of billing documents (VBOX table) only if you are including a new condition table. Suppose, you change the access sequence of a rebate condition type with a copy of an existing access sequence, then no need to execute OVB3.

In output, if you introduce an new table, but keep the existing tables, then there is no impact because the condition records table (NACH) does not have access sequence or access no. details, it has condition table, variable key, condition type, valid from valid to details.

So, to conclude, many clients would not do such changes to rebates etc. because there is a risk and an uncertainty. But its doable and I have done it in the past (in output).

PS I will read the note you have mentioned.

Theerthesh,

Please inform in which functionality (pricing, rebates, output, text, account determination....) do you want to do this change.

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

This note discusses changes in pricing procedure.

I am not sure, if changes done in the access sequence are relevant to this note.

TW

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Theerthesh,

I think you need to delete the old access no and enter new. Better to put gap between access no. to avoid situation like this.

Thanks

SS

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theerthesh,

Yes, you can renumber the access no. This is just like serial no.

The entry with no. 11, make it 15; the condition table no. will remain the same.

The new table which you want to put in between, number it 13.

By this you will have 3 entries with access no. 10, 13 and 15. In future if you want to add more tables in between, you can.

TW