cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Loading a Jt file crashes 3D Visual Enterprise Author 8.0 x64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

New to this program and we are needing to utilize JT files created from Solid Edge. I have tried to load a small JT file and it immediatly crashes SAP Visual Enterprise Author 8.0. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update...I loaded VE Author onto one of our newer CAD stations and I can now load JT's!

One weird thing though, for some reason I cannot select a part of the assembly and move the item with the mouse on any axis, I can rotate it using the mouse and move it using numerical input...just cannot move it with the mouse.

If I save the Solid Edge assembly as an IGES file everything works...but I still need the JT file to work due to all of our assemblies already are created as JT's.

I tried turning on/off the "Immovable" selection under object properties...no luck.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Many our customers use JT file and this issue is absolutely not present in VEA 8. I just tested now for you and I can move any parts with mouse of an imported JT assembly without any problem.

Please try to install the last SP03. Only with the "immovable" part attribute on ON you have this issue during my test.

If you want you can send to me the assembly in order to understand your issue or you can open an incident in the SAP support portal.

Ciao,

Salvatore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salvatore,

I am using this version:

It is the trial version while we wait to get the official version installed on our server...is there a difference?

Thanks,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fred,

This is the V8 without Service Pack. The last is the SP03 and you can download from http://support.sap.com in download software section. Anyway it's strange because we never had a problem like this with JT.

Regards,

Salvatore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salvatore,

Thanks for the info...after installing SP03 the issues with not being able to move the parts within a JT file are now working!

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Salvatore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Please open an Incident for this in the SAP Support Portal. VE Author should never crash. We would like to investigate as soon as possible.

Regards,

VE Support Team