Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Installation choices

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are upgrading our BPC 10.0 to BPC 10.1 SP5 and want to start building Embedded BPC applications with the EPM Excel Add-In (SP22).

When installing this Add-In, the wizard asks to choose which EPM solution to install:

- BPC Netweaver Standard Model

- BPC Netweaver Embedded Model

- BPC for Microsoft

- Financial Consolidation & others

See screenshot below:

We already have standard BPC applications running that were created in v10.0 and we want to keep using these of course, but we also want to roll-out new applications based on embedded BPC 10.1.

Is it really one or the other that you have to select? Meaning the EPM add-in would only work for either standard or embedded applications?

I went through the EPM installation and upgrade guide and couldn't find any reference to this choice, only this one:

Is there really a difference between the EPM add-in for embedded and standard. I would think no, but this wizard makes me doubt.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,

Joost

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Different options sets different default settings in the EPM add on, you can always change it later once EPM is installed.

Any option will work during the installation.

When you create a new connection then you can select if you want to connect to standard or embedded.

Andy

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

thanks for your answer.

So the only difference are some default settings. Would you happen to know which ones? Or where to find further information on these differences?

Thanks,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Under option, then command display options.

Depends on the selection during installation some will be enabled by default, but user can change themselves, some features will be irrelevant depends on the connection.

Andy

joost_peeters2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

So you're basically installing the exact same package regardless of the choice in the Wizard. Wish SAP would remove those choices to avoid confusion.

But then again, maybe I'm the only one who's confused about this.

Thanks for your help!

Joost

Answers (0)