cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of pending transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way in which we can influence the order in which the pending transactions are sent to SAP upon a transmit?

Are they sent in the same order as the transactions/actions were executed? In alphabetical order?

For us it is important that we can sent a certain steplet to SAP first, before some other transactions are transmitted.

Please advise,

Kind regards,

Judith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The order is the way transaction where created (FIFO).  Not all transactions have will send to the backend, only ones with Update steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the following:

- remove the update steps in the add-transaction that I do not want to be sent to SAP first

- create a new action with a edit-transaction step. in this transaction, i set the update step. all properties are just copied from the existing object

- modify the transmit action. the last subaction before the actual transmit is the new action with the edit-transaction. (loop over all objects concerned)

However, i get an error message -> failed to apply transaction...

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would said check the targets of the transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to use a wrapper action, and a sub action to loop over the objects,

works fine now.

Thanks for your input.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Judith,

If your question has been answered, please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.

--Bill

Answers (0)