cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production line - PP -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I want to ask you please if it's preferable to work with a production line  or to create independent work centers that constitute this production line ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello elba,

If you create a production line then you can can define more than one work centre in it.

It is mainly used in repetitive manufacturing where series of work centres are defined.

If you are in scenario of discrete manufacturing then you have to create work centre instead of the production line.

For more details on production line: Production Line - Repetitive Manufacturing (PP-REM) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if we create a production line as a work center , and design it's hierarchy of work centers, while calculating execution time , the system will calculate based on the production line or the other work centers of hierarchy ?

suresh_bachan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are at the beginning of defining your work centers, my advice will be to create one independently. If you create for production lines, it will be very difficult to reverse it even after some years.

This will be important for the following reasons:

- tracking production operations:  if there is quality issue you can track which WC is used.

- Costing of routings will be more accurate,

- if you already have PM/QM modules, you can easily maintain each work center. e.g. If the WC is blocked for maintenance purpose, no confirmation will be possible.

Hope this helps to have some ideas for your decision

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Elba,
It is depends on business requirement if you create individual machine WC then you can assign similar different production lines under number of individual capacities also or else each line you can create seperate WC with number of capacities as 1.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't get your point , can you explain more ?