Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On is not working on client machine

ravi_sharma9390
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created an AddOn of UI API. It is running properly on server machine, but it is not working on client machine.

Please help me in this..

Also 1 problem occurs in that AddOn, it automatically ask to Restart the AddOn continuously.

Please Help me in this also.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Both are related... Second sentence means that the addon is crashing (exception not handled in one event) and that B1 is willing to know what to do with this addon.

If working on the server and not on the client, should mean there is a security issue (Windows) on any of the resources the addon is using (file, folder, registry, etc.).

You should also trap exceptions and log them... Then reads the log: you'll find very quickly what is happening.

Regards,

Eric

ravi_sharma9390
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ERIC,

I have resolved the issue of addon crashing.

Also I have given permission to the SAP Business One folder placed at C:\Program Files\SAP on server and client both.

But still the addon is not working on client machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can check the type of SAP installation (x64 or x86), also check if DI API is installed correctly, .net framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can check de SAP Business One Logs, in
    C:\Users\[Your windows username]\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One\Log

Regards,
Paulo Henrique Eli

ravi_sharma9390
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

Sorry for late reply, but the Installation Type are same of x86 bits.

Now Add On is working on all clients but it still ask for restart at any time.

ravi_sharma9390
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Sorry for late reply, yes I had checked the log file also but nothing was there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When you debug your addon I suppose there is no error, so if you can't find the error, I would put some messages in your code and sending the "status" on where your code is running, so you could have an idea on where the error is occurring. By the way, is it occur at the beginning ? There is something different that your addon do besides the connection with UI and DI?