cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM User Interface Addon - MDM catalog extraction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a project for extend our SRM 7 to SRM User Interface Addon SP06.

Until now my troubles are with MDM data extractions, so I will be great full for suitable advise.

1) In our MDM repository we have more than a 20 catalogs

2) In SRM I had config the web services for 2 MDM catalogs, also they are set for OCI extraction.

3) A dummy MDM catalog was set and configured in MDMAPIC. Linked to the MDM repository with successful RFC connection.

4) When I execute /SRMNXP/CAT01 for the dummy catalog, all the content from the repository is downloaded (including data from catalogs not defined as web services).

5) The data was indexed and applicable in the UI search.

6)  I had assigned the 2 MDM catalogs in PPOMA_BBP, but despite of this, in UI search, I had the results for all data from the repository, not just for the catalogs assigned in the attributes.

I suppose, something is missing in my catalog data extraction process.

Thank you in advance for any proposals.

BR Petar Antov

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petar,

The data is completely extracted for the MDM repository, if you need to display only the data assigned to the user, you would need to do this using BADIs or TREX authorization.

As of UI add-on SP07, you can use namedsearch and mask as part of replication.

Support for Named Searches and Masks During Extraction and Searc - What's New in SAP SRM User Interf...

Thanks,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

thank you very much for the provided info.

BR Petar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwin,

the solution with SP07 was good enough to fix the case. Thanks a lot for you help.

BR Petar Antov

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petar,

The way catalog extractor works is it assigns the webservice/catalog id used for extraction (dummy id in your case) to field called intcatalogname, later during search the catalog id(2 MDM catalog in your case) defined in organisation plan is used for filtering the result by matching with intcatalogname value.

I would suggest you to have a quick check by validating the value in /SRMNXP/CAT_ITM table. The intcatalogname field value should match with organization plan catalog id.

Cheers,

Archish