cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation doesn't work smoothly in Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

The animation feature in Lumira Visualization doesn't work smoothly after clicking on 'Play'.

Does any one know what's wrong with it?

[Specific description of the issue]

I create the animation with bubble charts, and set the period as animation dimension. When I click on 'Play' to see how the trend goes along the year,

the bubbles just suffer a apparent pause and thus fail to move smoothly, which looks like the bubble chart jumps into another one when period changes.

However, in some users' PC, the same animation plays very smoothly with a satisfying changing procedure from one period to another period.

But in some users's PC, the animation turns out to be suffering from the moving problem.

Lumira version: 1.25.1

Hope any one of you can tell me what is the reason and how to solve it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the same animation is working fine on one PC but not another, then my guess is it is a memory issue - how much RAM does the machine have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tammy

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the RAM of PC, however it seems that it is not the key factor influencing the problem of animation. Since both the PC with and without animation problem share the same PC property.

PC Ram: 4.00 GB, (3.90 GB available) .

Is there any other factor my influencing the animation?

Chen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just in case you're wondering about the memory. This is from the SAP Lumira PAM (p. 3).

More Lumira documentation can be found on the SAP Analytics Help Portal.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ludek,

Thanks for the information you provided.

I have checked it and found that the RAM is 4GB with 3.9 GB available, it seems it is not the RAM which is causing the problem of animation display.

Chen

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A suggestion then, based on the fact that some computers work, others do not; try to determine the environmental differences (call me Einstein ). One utility that may help you is Process Monitor.
You may also  want to look at the following:

video resolution settings

video drivers

OS

GDI+(?)

CPU usage (e.g.; if the user closes all apps, does this get better)

Are the users running the animation from a local Lum file or from a share (Lum CLoud, etc.)

Defrag of the HD may help

Browser used - e.g.; try chrome / firefox / IE

etc. If I think of anything else, I'll update this post, but essentially anything that might affect "streaming".

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One more thought:

Check flash versions between working and non working systems.

Also, Flash has an option called "enable hardware acceleration".  On some systems it improves performance, on some it doesn't;

low-power systems work better with that option unchecked, high power systems work better with that option checked.

- Ludek