Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idm job scheduling - use the same jobs for many repositories

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

we have created several jobs for our repositories which must be executed every day. There are also three jobs for our ABAP systems (reconciliation):

1) read data from target system

2) check profiles and roles

3) check users and relationship

We want to schedule these jobs for some ABAP systems:

Job 1 should be executet for repository A at 10:00pm, job 1 should be executet for repository B at 11:00pm, ...

Job 2 should be executed if job 1 result is OK. Job 3 should be executed if job 2 result is OK.

But if we put the needed repositories into the job, we can not use the event scheduling.

Is it possible to use these jobs with many repositories and event scheduling?

How can I associate jobs and start them time and repository dependent?

Thanks in advance and best wishes

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

We have solved it in the following way:

1) All needed repositories are mapped to the three jobs.

2) At the end of job 1 and job 2 we created a new generic pass.

3) This pass checks if there is any error in this job.

-> error -> stop

-> no error -> start the next job with correct repository

@Steffi: Thanks for your remark. We use it for another case

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

glad I could help! Since you found the solution for your case yourself, you can mark your own post as the correct answer, so that the thread is shown as "answered" instead of just "assumed".

You won't get points for it, but it will be shown at the top of the thread and therefor will be quicker found.

Regards,

Steffi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Add the repositories to the job and then if you click on a repository in the "Options" tab, you can set the time for that repository and save. Then click on the next repository and you'll see that the Scheduling infos will jump back to the default and you can set the next time and save.

That would be job 1.

And for job 2 and job 3 you use "Event scheduling" (there is another tab there, where you can set the job that should start those) and point them to Job 1 with the condition you want.

Set the repository on the passes, not the job itself. As far as I know you can't use "Event scheduling", when you have repositories assigned to a job. So you have to work around it with the passes.

Regards,

Steffi.

michaelfranke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steffi,

thanks for your answer.

I have configured the first job as you have written down. For the 2nd and 3rd job I am not sure how it should work. Here I can only put one repository into the passes. The both jobs should use the repository depends from the 1st job.

Thanks and best wishes

Michael

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could double the passes, one for each repository. This way you only have one job, but can use it for both repositories.

Until now I only had one repository on the job, when I used Event Scheduling, but that's the way I'd do it. But maybe there is a better way. For this to learn, the others from the IDM-space need to chime in, though.

Regards,

Steffi.