cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to limit target quantity in Scheduling Agreement not to exceed PR quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

User is creating SA with reference to PR document.  However, multiple SA documents will be referred to a line item in PR.  How could we limit target quantity not to exceed PR quantity.  Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is std behavior of the system.

In std the quantity is only checked against purchase order.

Kindly do check the below mentioned KBA which will clear your query..

KBA:  1968482 - Purchase requisition exceeds quantity allowed in schedule lines

Rgds,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may check enhancement MM06E005 for coding

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

I think you will have to go for custom logic. There is no check in case of contracts and scheduling agreements. The system can check for PR quantiy while creating PO. Message number 06 254, 06 400 does not help either. Look for user exit in ME31L. You can get the previous SA details from table EKPO(using current PR number as selection criteria). From SA, you can get material, quantity etc and put a logic to compare if total quantity(including current) is more than PR quantity. Take help of your ABAPer to discuss this requirmenet, you come up with something smarter.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Any other than developing user exit, do you have any other advice on solving this case.  Also, what is the reason for not able to check SA qty against PO in according to standard practice.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please clarify - since I already got 2 moderator alerts on this thread -

Are you talking

a) creating of several schedule agreements ME31L  (not schedule lines) against a single requisition

or

b) creating schedule lines which are higher than an individual requisition quantity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apologize for confusion.  I meant to ask if system could check a quantity against PR when creating Schedule agreement.  It does not matter of numerous SA.  However, the quantity of all SA must not exceed open in PR.  Thank you for your support.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems to be very hard to answer a multiple choice question. You are just repeating what I already knew and what actually caused my question. I personally understand  case a) which means your purchase requisition is made to request the creation of a schedule agreement.

It is not yet about ordering any quantities, just to create a long term agreement. Right or wrong?

I have to ask this as especially beginners often confuse schedule agreement creation with creation of schedules. And the answers seen here do this too.

I only want to be sure that all understand the same, even the people who created the alert.

One of the 2 cases is a frequently asked and answered question.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are expecting something in line of message 06 076, it is not available for scheduling agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just meant to ask about quantity when we create SA with reference to PR document.  In your case, a) is the one I'm asking here.  Anyway, I get a requirement from user to let's system generate an error when creating SA with quantity higher than requisition.  Thank you.

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your support.  However, in which exit I should apply for to solve a case. 

Regards,

0 Kudos

SPRO > Click on Purchasing > Purchasing>
Environment Data> Define Attributes of System Messages

Click -define attributes of system message> Next screen>Then
click on System message

Message 06 067 -schedule qty. greater than target qty. >
make it error message "E"

Save...Now system will give error if Qty.is Greater

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I tried your solution.  It doesn't not work in this case.  Is there any more setting I have missed out?  Any other advice is welcome.  Thanks for your support. 

Regards,