cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 to MDM by Import Manager or ABAP API?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my scenario i want to export data from R/3 to MDM and i want to know if it is possible to import all data first from the import Manager and than use the ABAP API to make a realtime sync of new data from R/3? Or is it enough to use only the Import Manager to do this job?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcel,

You can also import data from R3 directly into SAP MDM using: IDOC's in XML format, SAP ALE standard settings and a common file share that is mounted onto your R3 application server.

Use the above procedure mentioned by Adhappan to trigger changes from SAP and then use the following configuration to generate IDOC's as XML files onto a file share location that is shared between R3 and MDM, use import server to automatically poll and load these files into MDM.

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid21_gci1233734,00.html?track=NL-141&ad=574736&asrc=EM...

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

-Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help!

Now the import is clear. What about the Export from MDM to a java app as a webservice? How could i realize this without xi?

Thanks alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to check various scenario and in this i don´t use xi... so how does it look without xi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>R/3 to MDM (Real Time Synchronization)</b>

In R/3 you can use ALE to automate idoc creation whenver the Master data in R/3 Changes.

You have to configure the Customer Distribution model, partner profile, port, RFC Destination etc.

You have to use XI to convert the Idoc to XML. This XML will be picked up by the Import Manager.