cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM Multiple Role Owners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to implement ARM for 12 countries. The problem is for the same role which common for all the countries i have 12 different role owners as per the country.

Is it possible to have multiple role owners apart from primary and alternate role owners for a role.

Thanks.

Nishant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Please check the below blog post:

Regards,

Madhu/

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nishant:

If this is a role that must have an approval, you could use a ROUTING on that particular role.  With that, then you can have a special workflow path that would contain a custom agent.  It could be created with BRF+, using the attributes of Role Name and Country.  Since you only seem to have one of this type, this would be the easiest way to handle this.  Even if you had multiple, this could be completed in the same BRF+ agent rule, but the more you have, the bigger the rule.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

Principal Technology Consultant

SAP America

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i have got something. You can add any number of role owners by selecting the role in role maintenance. But i want the request to have the option to select the desired role owner while raising the request. It sends email notification to all the owner.i.e i will have to educate role owners to check if the request is for user in their country and then approve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you have the submission details sent to the role owners in their notification. With good education, the right owner will always open the request and approve.

Also, no harm in having co-owners for a Global role. It can then be approved by any valid owner. Most organisations are Global, hence with different time zones it is always useful to have this approach.

all the best

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nishant,

Yes we have the possibility

We have to use Agent type as PFCG USER GROUPS

Create separate  user group for all role owner of respective countries

and main in step 3-Maintain Agents

Now go and select Approval type to All Approver in step 5-Maintain Paths for stage

Select the stage and click on modify task settings

change Any one approver to ALL Approvers

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi,

Thanks for your response. But i dont think so this approach will work or rather it can work but it wont be feasible.

Reason: Say i have 120 roles for 12 countries. so i need 120 user grps to get created for this.

Also i will have to change the user group for all the approvers.

Correct me if i have misunderstood.

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nishant,

I presume the question you are trying to ask is "Can I have 12 different role owners, but the approver is determined by the country in the access request"? If not, apologies for what I have explained below.

I believe that having multiple owners assigned to the role is the easy method, ensuring that the right approver actually touches the request and approves it.

The other way round it is to have loads of "Country" specific paths in the workflow and then have that common role guided to a specific path based on the country in the request. I find this method slightly exaggerated and unnecessary.

The question to ask to the business is does it really matter who in the Global business approves the common role?

What can also be considered is the use of Business roles or even composite roles. Encapsulating the necessary task roles into a job role container may also help in your situation, i.e. the right approves based on a country approve the right job role for a specific country.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

Yes you are right. Even i think uploading roles with multiple role owners would be better option.

But when i upload the multiple Role owner for the same role it takes only once.

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

In the BRM import file you can specify multiple owners. You need to maintain the CSV format and list them per row.

See the screenshot attached as an example. I have highlighted the cells of concern so you get an idea.

Once you figure out the logic in the file format, you should be good to go.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harinam,

As mentioned in screen shot the role is of type Business. What is required in my case is Single role. But as i said this issue is resolved by adding the additional alternate role owners by going into Role maintenance. The only problem i find now is how can we inform roleowner about the country for which the request is raised for.I think this i can resolve by adding user group in the approver notification template.

Thanks you all for your information. It was quite helpful.

Nishant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have multiple owners against a single role also, the template would look pretty much the same...

Kevin has suggested you create a custom BRF+ rule and have the specific role routed to a specific path and stage for an approval based on the custom BRF+ rule that is determined by the country in the request (or some other attribute at header or role level).

Whilst this would work, it will mean more additional maintenance in some instances.

All the best. If you are happy with the answers you have got, I suggest you mark this thread as answered.

Cheers.