Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana System Overview Status

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having a problem for displaying the overview system status from Hana Studio (admin perspective -> Admnistration) and also dbacockpit, (Current status - overview), sometimes the info is display but after several minutes and other times it shows this message:

"[129]: transaction rolled back by an internal error: exception 1000002: Allocation failed ; $size$=65536; $name$=itab; $type$=pool; $inuse_count$=348596; $allocated_size$=55533234776 exception 1000002: Allocation failed ; $size$=65536; $name$=itab; $type$=pool; $inuse_count$=348596; $allocated_size$=55533234776"

However, I'm able to check other information from HANA studio like backup, catalog, content, etc

Any ideas about what to check?

The system is an ERP (NW 7.4 SP10) on HANA (Revision 95) on AWS with 120 GB (NW+HDB on the same server)

Best regards,

JA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "allocation failed" error points to a memory shortage. Please check according to SAP Note 19999997 if you are generally at the memory limit or if the system overview status issues a database request that allocates high amounts of memory (which then need to be analyzed). Feel free to execute SQL: "HANA_Memory_Overview" (SAP Note 1969700) and attach here for my reference.

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Yes, it's a memory issue, last week I had a log area full situation and table"_SYS_STATISTICS"."STATISTICS_ALERTS_BASE" got really big (over 200 000 000 records). I was checking SAP Note  2170779, is it safe to truncate the table? Will I lose only Alert information?

Best regards,

JA

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of 200 million entries it is probably most efficient to truncate the table as you suggested. Then you have "lost" all alerts that were reported until that point in time, but new alerts will be collected and recorded as usual. So I see no problem with the TRUNCATE.

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Martin, I truncate the table, now I'm able to display all the system overview status. By the way, is there a chance to recover the disk space used for that table? It grew up to 20 Gb and now It has just a few records.

Best regards,

JA

Former Member
0 Kudos

The disk space can now be used by other tables and structures. If you assume that you permanently don't require this space, you can defragment the data volume using the ALTER SYSTEM RECLAIM DATAVOLUME command (SAP Note 1870858).

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for all the advices

Best regards,

JA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JA,

Can you please check if there is any changes in memory or memory related parameters ?  Is your hdbstatistics server up ?

Cheers,
Sharma

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

I have the following services running:

• compileserver
  • daemon
  • indexserver
  • nameserver
  • proprocessor
  • sapstartsrv
  • scriptserver
  • webdispatcher
  • xengine

Hana Studio display "all services running". No changes regarding memory parameters so far.

Best regtards,

JA