cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using surcharge percentage in Purchase Requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to enter a surcharge as a percentage of the total value of the line above in a purchase requisition?

A picture is worth a 1000 words, so here we go:

In the attached snip, we purchased 24,000 kg of blasting powder. We are charged two surcharges, a % on the total value of the powder. Is there a way to enter it into this form?

What we have been doing is just calculating it out and entering a quantity of 1; unit of Each; Price is the calculated price - say $504.

This does not seem to me to be the proper way of entering it, and if the quantity of powder were to be changed, then the surcharges would have to be re-calculated.

If someone knows of a better way, feel free to share:-)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not add Surcharges as any Item... the Best is create the Condtion type with Precentage. it is posible with condition types..

Thanks

Linganna.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joel,

The snap which you have attached here, it's of PO (it's mentioned on left side).

And now comes to your point, in Purchase requisition we are maintaining only Valuation Price.

And even if you want to mention the surcharges in the PR and wants to communicate such type of details to the Buyer,

then simply add such details in the Header note of the PR.

In Purchase Order, it's need to be done through the Condition Type.

If any doubt pl ask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a PO, it's a PR. The PO column is displayed to allow the end users to see if a PO has been created.

This is a very regular purchase, we know the exact cost, and we know the exact surcharge percentage. We wanted to enter it in the PR. To tell me how business should be run is redundant, each one is different.

All I wanted to know is if this task could be done or not and I believe I have my answer.

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joel,

Pl try to understand, in PR the valuation price is the cost of the Material coming from the Material Master.

And Info Record has Pricing conditions with the net price of the material.

Even if you want to fetch this data from Info Record or want to enter manually, you have to do it from BADI or Userexit.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the requisition is an internal document to communicate to the purchasing department that they shall procure a certain quantity of material or service.

Prices and surcharges etc. is the outcome of the negotiations between the buyer and a potential source of supply, they will be maintained in info record, price conditions or directly in the purchase order.

The price field in the requisition is actually called valuation price (not purchase price), which is automatically filled from the material master if you procure with material number. Its main purpose is to serve as a good estimate of the costs during an approval process. It is in general not meant as the external price to the supplier.  It is possible to adopt an entry here as PO price with a little bit of standard customizing, but this function is very limited to a single value since the entire document is just meant for internal communication.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Its good if you check in consultants

Regards

Terence