Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Export the Portal Report Output to PPT in BI 7.3

former_member241605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we got an Requirement where End user Wants to see the Report Output in the PPT where by Clicking the Button the Report Output has to be Exported to PPT.

have seen Export to Excel,PDF,COPY & Paste Functionalitties but this is the first time we are getting this type.

Kindly Let us know if some one has any Idea regarding this Requirement!!!

I really Like to know whether this can be achieved using any Script or any new Web items

N: we are using BI 7.3

Waiting for your Replies!!!

With Regards,

Prakash Jalakam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

piyush_kumar6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

Till no there is no such standard function available to export in PPT format .Even its not possible to integrate any 3rd party application directly with web template used by BI system.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are available Excel API's like apache POI you can use to export the stuff you want to in arbitrary Office products. Of course you will need to develop all you need on your own, there is no standard export PPT function for BI reports afaik.

cheers

former_member241605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

Thank you for your Reply!!!

IS there any chance of Using Script ?

Regards,

PJ.

former_member241605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for your Quick Reply!!!

Even i got the same info,

But my Question : is it possible to add this Code in the Script Web item and then create a Button where when clicked it has to export the Output to PPT

can we able to Achieve this?

Please Let me Know..

Regards,

PJ.

former_member241605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lawrence,

we found one Link

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/apache_poi_ppt/apache_poi_ppt_presentation.htm

in this we have Java code and is it possible to use this code in SCRIPT Web Item ?

piyush_kumar6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly check below link .. something you can do like this

1:1 Export of BI Data in Microsoft Office PowerPoint - YouTube

Piyush

Message was edited by: Piyush kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this works like that. The API is, let me say requiring to get used to, if you are using templates to work with.

Im not familiar with BI devlopment, but afaik you can inject your own JS. Develop an BI application with the button fires an AJAX with JS on your PPT-export Java APC (or service?), this can throw a stream with the PPT back on the client.

cheers

former_member241605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

Thanks for the Valuable Link!!!

even i have checked from my side but i am not at sure whether how it can achieved with the Class and incase if is really helpfull then the coding part will be more as it should more detailed Part and i am not that much Expert at ABAP

Regards,

PJ.