Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider Pallets visibility in production planning

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

At present we are on SAP ECC EHP6.0 including PP & SCM APO (DP, SNP)7.02, SRM

Very soon going for PPDS implementation, Need your view how we can incorporate Pallets visibility (if possible in APO)

Background :-

Material e.g.

In ECC we have defined Pallet as material “A” - CHEP PALLET

It is not defined at org./location level.

It’s Material Type = ZPLT- Pallet & Packing Material

1. Gen. item cat. grp   VERP    Packaging

MM area –

Chep’ Pallet is non-valuated but stockable item (Pallet & Packaging material type). Chep Pallets are only procured if need be otherwise tracked through internal movement.

this material code used for tracking the Pallet. The pallets are received in MM inventory storage location under 101 movement type. These are tracked based on requirement as Stock provided to vendor, consignment stock, Pallet storage, FG storage. The pallet with FG material is further transferred to other warehouses based on requirement. The pallets are returned with 102 movement type.

PP area –

Pallets are not part of BOM & were intended for tracking. Further Availability check for the raw materials cannot be activated due to customer’s requirement of raw materials arriving in very short intervals & process order needs to be released immediately for production process.

SD Area :-

Van Sales – When driver moves out of  Store gate then Pallet stock is tracked & treated as Consignment stock. When driver returns back in evening then the consignment stock is nullified & stock is moved under Pallet stock. So overall stock is balanced.

Presales – Under this movement sales order is created for FG then one line item is added with Chep Pallet stock & treated as sold. When in the evening final FG conciliation happens then pallets are taken under return through movement type. The stock of Chep pallet is balanced at the end of day

Issue Details :-

In this scenario, now the Chep pallet needs to be taken for PPDS planning where we are expecting to generate a PPDS plan based on real pallet stock for production. If pallets are not available then PPDS should not generate any plan or should suggest when this plan is feasible in that week.

When the daily production plan will be rolled out through PPDS, the system should consider the required pallets availability & generate the plan accordingly.

Please note that we are not using HUM / RFID/WM

Please suggest

Regards

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Since you want to consider this for planning which finally should decide generation of supplies accordingly, itself means that you need to put this as component in BOM. Like any other component you need to consider this in your planning (as you are procuring/using in production/kind of consuming in SD for specific period).

Do one round testing by adding this in BOM and see the results accordingly. It's matter of explaining the results accordingly to your client.

So that we are on same level of understanding, the below statements are contradicting:

If you want to do this this means you don't pallets to influence your planning.

PP area –

Pallets are not part of BOM & were intended for tracking. Further Availability check for the raw materials cannot be activated due to customer’s requirement of raw materials arriving in very short intervals & process order needs to be released immediately for production process.

On the other hand you are mentioning that it should not generate plan or plan accordingly w.r.t. pallet stock. So make sure what's the case.

Issue Details :-

In this scenario, now the Chep pallet needs to be taken for PPDS planning where we are expecting to generate a PPDS plan based on real pallet stock for production. If pallets are not available then PPDS should not generate any plan or should suggest when this plan is feasible in that week.

When the daily production plan will be rolled out through PPDS, the system should consider the required pallets availability & generate the plan accordingly.

I hope this helps you with your query.

Regards

Rahul

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul,

Yes , you are correct.

Ok will assume that will put in BOM and will have ATP also for all component but Here I have constraint of storage.

say e.g. Juice product A (finish good)  -  I need 1 lakhs CAN ( packaging material). I can't store in my production area, So supplier sends these CANs every two hours.  Hence we don't have ATP check at process order release level.

Now question is if I put ATP check including Pallets material in BOM then I can't release process order.

I could see two option here - Include in BOM and then :-

1) Take this pallets to APO , Manage via simple PPDS heuristic and genrate PPDS alerts for shorate

2) Don't  take in APO ( Plan in ECC)  but need to put ATP check only for pallets not on other component......can we do so?

Or any other suggestion

Regards

Samir

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samir,

Your ATP check at the time saving or release is controlled by OPJK. In this case for this plant and order type "at the time of release" put no availability check.

say e.g. Juice product A (finish good)  -  I need 1 lakhs CAN ( packaging material). I can't store in my production area, So supplier sends these CANs every two hours.  Hence we don't have ATP check at process order release level.

Now question is if I put ATP check including Pallets material in BOM then I can't release process order.

So above setting would allow you to release the order without any issue. Thereafter you can do availability check for order in COMAC to get shortage list.

1) Take this pallets to APO , Manage via simple PPDS heuristic and genrate PPDS alerts for shorate

This is part of planning and anyways would help to give visibility.

2) Don't  take in APO ( Plan in ECC)  but need to put ATP check only for pallets not on other componenet......can we do so?

This statement is contradicting with your initial requirement that is:

If pallets are not available then PPDS should not generate any plan or should suggest when this plan is feasible in that week.

So I don't think 2 point is even valid.

Again create a scenario and test it to get more understanding. I hope this cleared your query. If yes do follow

else let me know further.

Regards

Rahul

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

It seems your more approach is on PP side, Could you elaborate solution from APO PPDS perspective  in detailed level please.

regards

Samir

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samir,

Isn't the base for PPDS is from PP (example master data/ then conversion assuming you are doing in ECC (in APO anyways its conversion indicator). Of course you need certain settings but that would come while defining your solution for which I already mentioned test one round of cycle (wouldn't take more then couple of hours).

From PPDS prospect also you will put the same in BOM, bring it APO, do your planning accordingly and create supplies (which will consider stock and lead time for this pallets).

The supplies are shifts to ECC basically planned orders which are converted to production orders.

It seems your more approach is on PP side, Could you elaborate solution from APO PPDS perspective  in detailed level please.

When your question are in execution that is how production order will happen and ATP will be executed I would respond accordingly, right?

Regards

Rahul