cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP payroll and incorrect tax company being sent to BSI

former_member372554
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I ran a payroll calculation simulation in our test environment, using an employee who is in company 706, assigned to a personnel area (1305) linked to a tax company (US04).  When I run a payroll simulation, it correctly reports tax company US04 in the logs until I get to the USTAX node.  Even then, in the "Input", it reports tax company US04 in the TCRT prior to the "Processing".  In the "Processing", there is a node entitled, "Employee Data".  In that node, the tax company has changed to US02!  I have checked the employee's Master Data and do not see the US02 tax company code used anywhere.  I have also checked T5UTL, V_T5U0P, BTXCOMP, and feature UTXRP, and all look fine.  Does anyone know where I should look to find out where "Employee Data" is getting the incorrect tax company for this employee?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

Please check if FEIN attached to Tax Company US04 is not set-up for US02 in table T5UTH.

Possibly FEIN for US02 mapped in table T5UTH is being used for mapping for US04.

Thanks,

Ameet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member372554
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ameet,

Thank you - this fixed the issue.  Here is specifically what had happened.  On the T5UTH table, US02 was linked to the EIN "APPLIED FOR", since it was being used for a tax authority that we did not have the EIN yet.  Then, I mistakenly had not created an "APPLIED FOR" entry on T5UTH for US04, yet used "APPLIED FOR" on the T5UTI table for US04 tax authority "WY".  Frankly, I am surprised there wasn't an edit to prevent me from doing adding that entry on T5UTI, since US04 with "APPLIED FOR" didn't exist on T5UTH.  Regardless, today, I created an entry on T5UTH for US04 and a real EIN.  I then updated T5UTI to use the new EIN.  Now it calculates the taxes correctly.

Kathy