SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment medium format for an incoming payment method configured as “Internal clearing/deposit account”

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask you about an issue related to payment medium formats.

In the transaction FQP1, we have configured an incoming payment method with the Process in Type “Internal clearing/deposit account”. In addition we have configured an assigned a custom payment medium format.

As a result of a payment run program (FPY1) we would like to produce a payment medium with our custom format.

We are able to run and clear the corresponding open items but we are unable to generate the payment medium. We have created the variant for the payment medium program SAPFKPY3 but, since there is no house bank associated with our run, we are getting the message No. >2236 “The variant XXXXXXX you specified does not use format”.

My question is: Is it possible to generate the payment medium format for an incoming payment method configured as “Internal clearing/deposit account”?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Victor.

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I don't think in Standard SAP you will be able to generate a payment medium format for the processing type configured as "Internal Clearing/deposit account".

The above option is used in the payment program when the clearing items to be paid are done by making a transfer posting to a different contract account (contract account clearing) instead of posting to a bank clearing account.

This type of option is normally used for collecting premiums from a securities account.

Can you elaborate on your requirement as to why you require to generate a payment medium file for a processing type of "Internal clearing/deposit account"

Alternatvely,clearing with a different contract account has been linked to event 0620 and you can enhance this event to store the clearing line items in a custom table and then use a custom program to generate the payment medium file.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan.

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your response.

We are already using the even 620.

This is our business scenario. We have some customers that are also employees and can pay by deducting the invoice amount from their monthly payroll. The current payroll system resides outside of the SAP system and every month they upload a file with all the employees and the corresponding amounts to be deducted.

When we run the payment program we clear customer/employee AR and debit a “Payroll Deduction Clearing” GL account.

We understand that we could build a custom solution and create this file by using the information stored in the table DPAYH, but we would like to use the standard functionality that SAP provides in order to take advantage of the DME Administration file download and login capabilities.

Thanks again,

Victor.

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you want to go with the Standard SAP functionality for generating a payment medium file, I would suggest you to configure a dummy house bank and change the processing type to "Bank Account" and configure the payroll deduction clearing GL A/c as  Bank Clearing A/c in posting area 1061.

In this way, once the payment program is run, then, it will clear the Customer contract A/c and will debit the bank cleaering a/c

Then you can use the payment medium program to generate the file and send it to the payroll system for further processing.

Hope ite helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

I really appreciate your support, I'm going to try the solution you propose though we don´t have house banks.

I'll let you know if I have good results about this theme.

Thank you again

Victor

0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I would like to ask the details of how you were able to make event 620 worked for scenario wherein a GL clearing account (didn't contain a bank account) was posted when you run the payment program to clear employee AR?

We have a scenario for outgoing payments wherein we need to credit a GL account (cash on hand gl account) which is not link to a bank account. I have made the needed configuration in t-code FQP1 and asked our technical team to check event 620 to cater to this requirement. However, he said that event 620 is not applicable in our scenario and by definition internal clearing is moving items between contract accounts. With this, I would like to ask for your feedback first before I agree with him and go on with my other and simplest option which is to create a dummy bank account and use the cash on hand GL account in posting area 1061.

Appreciate much your feedback on this.

Thanks,

yehey