cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on Shared Service Framework HR

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm desperately looking for useful information on SSF for HR. My client is a long-term ESS/MSS and HR-EIC users and are interested in looking into SSF to see if they can benefit from additional functionality and a modern framework.

All the documents I've found about SSF just talk about high-level descriptions and the usual benefit claims. I need screenshots, specific options, features, customization capabilities, and new functionality. Does anyone know of any specific documents? Is SSF available for purchase now? I need something tangible to show my client to pique their interest.

Thanks in advance.

Ramin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has stopped all meaningful development on the Shared Service Framework for HR and is focused on the Employee Central Help Desk.  Having done implementations of SSF HR and ERP EIC as well there would be extremely little value on making the transition and it some areas SSF HR is a step backwords + comes with additional licensing and hardware requirements.

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jarret. That is indeed disappointing, as the old framework of ERP EIC will not be adequate for the customization my client needs to incorporate. We have already customized EIC beyond it's intended purpose, and the 10-yr old framework will not be sustainable beyond this point.

What is the ETA for Employee Central Help Desk? In the meantime, is SAP directing customers requiring interaction center capabilities to purchase CRM to get the benefits of new framework, AET tools, customization capabilities, until the Employee Central Help Desk is published?

Would really be interested to see an official SAP direction document regarding HR EIC customers.

Thanks

RaminS
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have any screenshots of the SSF HR you can share with us?

I've contacted our SAP account rep and he mentioned the Employee Central Help Desk is a cloud offering. Our client will never go with a cloud solution for their HR data. So our only option for upgrade is SSF HR.

If you could post a screenshot of the main page of the SSF I would appreciate it, as I can't find any material on it anywhere.

Thanks

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramin

EC Help Desk is released and available but you need to be using SuccessFactors Employee Central as your core HR solution (not SAP HCM).

Thanks,

Jarret

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shoot me your email address and I will send you a SSF HR presentation.