cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender channel is not polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing issue with JDBC sender channel. The channel is in green and ping status is fine.

Channel monitoring showing only processing started in channel logs and no polling is happening.

I verified below:

1) There is valid data in database and query is running fine when it was executed in database.

2) I checked nwa/locks. I don't see any nwa/locks for JDBC channel.

3) Restarted the java service for JDBC adapter.

4) Restarted the channel multiple times.

5) Created new channel and replace the old channel in ICO.

After doing all above also I dont see any messages coming in PI

Please provide inputs to resolve this.

Thanks,

Vertika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was resolved after Basis maintenance activity on quality where they restarted the PI server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please implement note 1666377 - Workaround for File/JDBC/Mail Adapter not polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

The point of trigger needs to be reached so that you can see the messages in PI, i.e., the execution of the select query in your sender CC. The channel is simply running and is in active status for now.

In order to do this in QA, try to trigger from Adapter Engine under Component Monitoring, any sample message. Let it go to error. After that delete the error message from the Adapter Engine, and restart the sender CC. Now check if the same works.

Regards,

Souvik

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertica,

The JDBC channel is not picking and audit log showing as processing started means, there is java lock on the JDBC sender communication channel. Please remove the lock in NWA and restart the channel.

NWA->Troubleshooting->Java->locks

Regards,

Priyanka

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

Can you let us know the PI version you are using?

Can you check the below note:

831162 FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter

Regards

Vishnu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

Have you checked?

- Communication channel monitoring.

- Check and recheck the connection settings, may be for a typo the DB is in other environment.

- Message monitoring at Adapter Engine level.

- If there is any queue locked, for example in dual system SMQ1/SMQ2 transaction.

To do a dummy scenario, only for testing purpose, in which you can develop a SELECT on the receiver side in order to try to check if there is retrieve the data.

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

i hope you have double checked the table name which you used and which you have to.

if not please check that first and also check that table contains records.

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswarareddy

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm.. interesting..

Is it a working interface or new? How many records does your select query return? If the result set is huge, you might want to try reducing the number of records.

Also just to test, point it to a different table and see if there is any change.

Do you have any other JDBC channels pointing to that/any other DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

This is old interface which is running fine in production but we have started facing issue in quality recently.

Currently DB has about 17000 records because JDBC channel is not working from past few days otherwise it has 1000-4000 records max.

We have another JDBC receiver channel pointing to different db is working fine.

We have below select query with poll interval 900 secs and processed rows are updated once selected from DB.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is a quality(test) system, can you try reducing the result set to 1000 records(update other 16k records manually in DB) just to see if channel can prepare the message?

Also i'm not sure if you have enabled the advanced mode ->'disconnect from DB after each message processing' but you can give a try.