cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product heuristic creating two purchase requisitions with weekly lot size - why?

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can someone explain why the product heuristic run in product view with a weekly lot-size for a pack material generates two purchase requisitions instead of one?

Initial situation from the last weekend run is as below. the system generated one purchase requisition for the 22.6. with 102.000 PC.

when I now run the product heuristic in product view with a weekly lot-size the system generates two purchase requisitions:

the system creates two purchase requisitions. why? I would expect to have only one purchase requisition due to the weekly lot size.

my question is: why I have two purchase requisitions? I always expected to have only one when running product heuristic with weekly lot-size?

thank you very much in advance for any help!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hello Pilvi,

For periodic lot-sizing procedures, periods are determined without gaps. The end of period x is also the start of the period (x + 1).

Please refer note 866278 - Modification: Consumption-based period determination (SCM)

or you can use BAdI  /SAPAPO/RRP_PLANNING  method LSZ_PERI_START_SET to influence period determination start/end period

for more details please refer 1670361 - BAdI: Consumption-based period determination

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you R.Brahmankar,

I was wondering why the heuristic running on Sunday created just one purchase requisition per week and when I run it myself on Tuesday two purchase requisitions have been created...

thanks for the sap notes, I will  check them.

best regards,

Pilvi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pilvi,

You are grouping the demands so as to plan one receipt element on periodic lot-sizing procedure along with period factor. Your period is a week. In this week there are requirements for Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The period factor is used to ensure that the receipt always occurs on Monday start of the week.

Please try by changing the period factor to 0.001.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi

Increase the number of period from 1 to 2/3 and try same.

Regards

Rahul