Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my last stop's POD triggers invoice process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guru,

Here is my requirement:

We have TM 9.1 and EM 9.0 to handle the transportation planning. When FOR is created, FSD will automatically be transferred to ECC and PO is created.

Carrier will send EDI 214 with POD for each stop. We hope that the POD for the last stop is received, we will trigger VIM to generate the invoice for the purchase order.

Is that make sense?

If no, do you think EDI 210 makes more sense? This will require Carrier to provide 210 as soon as the last stop's EDI 214 is sent out.

I appreciate your kind help and detail answers if possible.

Best regards,

Xianhua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xianhua,

Yes, after receiving the EDI 214 you should trigger VMI to generate the invoice for the purchase order.

It does make sense, but it depends more on your process i.e. how and where the invoices are generated from ?

Technical implementation in both ways are possible.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deb,

Thanks for your reply.

One more thing, if 214 is used, can we put all the information required to trigger invoice eg vendor supplier, invoicing party, scac code, invoice number, last-stop indicator etc? Right now, we have BOL, datetime of shipping status, status type(eg POD) and reason code in 214 only.

Thanks for additional help.

Xianhua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xianhua,

I guess you should be able to. Its again depends upon mapping of EDI 214 to EVMSTA02.

E1EVMPID can have all the partner information: With PARROL as qualifier you can send the partner role i.e. Vendor, Invoicing party, SCAC code etc.

E1EVMREF02 can be used to map the invoice no.

E1EVMLID - Can be used for stop no. such as STPN , 99

Thanks,

Deb

Answers (0)