Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for and experience with SAP Contact Center on VMWare

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I am looking to move our existing SAP Contact Center clustered server setup to a fully virtualised platform and was wondering if anyone else is running their production clustered servers on VMware - and, if so, how is it working out for you? By this, I mean how is Contact Center performing rather than this being a question about Microsoft clustering on VMware (of which I have plenty of experience).

We run our IA, Dev and QA Contact Center environments on VMware VMs and have not, so far, had any issue with this. However, none of those environments are clustered and rarely have more than a handful of Agents/callers using them.

When we initially set up SAP Contact Center (BCM as it was then), there was no SAP support for virtualisation of the Production environment, but I'm assuming this is not the case a decade later...  ?  Equally, at the time, VMware didn't support MSCS but now does.

Contact Centre version is 7.0.7.14

VMware version is 5.5

Thoughts/advice/gotchas/words of wisdom....  all gratefully received.

Best wishes,

Adèle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Perfect - thank you Nick.

former_member187604
Contributor
0 Kudos

With some quick searching you might come across resources such as

- SAP Note 1998472 SAP BCM installation on Hyper-V / VMware

via http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/SAP+Contact+Center+Notes+and+KBAs
  or note 1867297 - SAP Contact Center 7.0 Knowledge Base Master Note.

- older threads on the topic e.g. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3222869

- related useful e.g. BCM - Citrix support statement with SAP BCM 7

But the link Nick provided above is definitely the right one to go to at the moment.

Thanks Nick,

and others for your comments, too.

-Lasse

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Lasse.  I appreciate these further links - very helpful.  It's good to have comments from other Contact Centre administrators too.  Seems that people are happily using VMware in production and I can see from the documentation that are there no show stoppers so I will be looking at moving our production system to VMware during August.

Many thanks once again for some great assistance everyone.

Adele

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member282286
Participant
0 Kudos

The only think that I would be a bit carful with is the database cluster.  We have out db on a physical server cluster.  If you can grantee performance of the db cluster on VM, I am sure that it will work without issue.  We have out Dev and QA environment databases on VM, but not our Production landscape.   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear group,

in any time, randomly, when i try to call to a external number in SAP CCtr 7 SP 8 from CDT client, Internet Explorer freezes. "PhoneATLProxy.exe" no communicates with Internet Explorer, "logs" shown "Error connecting to components of the workstation of SAP Contact Center: CEM CHANNEL CLOSED" finally.

Please help,

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Please see SAP KBA Note 2182407. If that doens't solve your issue please create a ticket with CDT logs and screen captures.
And please note that most probably VMWare is not the root cause for your issue and this discussion should be separated to own one.

Regards,
Jukka

thies_laemmke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Carlos,

we had a similar problem, which could be solved by changing the following setting in SC: Call Switching -> Global Switching Settings -> Ringtones: Set 'Phone Client Plays Ringtones for Outbound Calls' to 'For Internal Calls Only'.

This resulted in the fact the MDT users do not hear ring tones anymore, but CDT is not freezing anymore.

I guess your problems can have other causes as well, but if you have the setting above set to 'For all calls' it may be worth a try.

Good Luck!

Thies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks Jukka.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks Thies. It worked!

Regards, Muchas gracias,

Juan Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adèle,

We've had BCM in a virtual env since 2009 also.  Works fine, that's pretty much what everyone does.

NICK

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

From SAP Matket Place you can find document called:
"VMWARE Compatibility statement with SAP Contact Center"

I would recommend to check that as a starter.

Regards,
Jukka

former_member290821
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jukka,

I searched for this term on the Marketplace and it did not reveal the document you speak about.  Could you send me the precise URL for this please?

Thank you.

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adele ,

I have implemented  clustered architecture of  SAP Contact Centre on VM EXsi 5.0 . It has been 2 years since the system has  gone live with the system and the system is quite stable .

You can contact  me on  rohit.bhan@in.pwc.com   for any documents or any help

Thanks

Rohit Bhan