cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I approve a transport request with cCTS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am prototyping ChaRM with cCTS enabled. I have a transport of copies that I want to move to the QA system. However, the approval is missing. I cannot figure out how to approve the request. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone find a solution for the issue?

I am facing the same problem.

Thanks

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to come back to this, sorry. I opened a message with SAP. In the end, there was no solution; I just had to wait for things to align in the background. I say this because SAP did not provide any solution, and I didn't change anything in the system, yet eventually cCTS worked as expected. And we're now using it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for letting me know. Did they bounce back the message to you for a few time at least to keep you busy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Since no solution was provided for this issue? and no changes were made to the system, i suppose the only thing we need to do is wait extra longer for the import to trigger.

We have similar issue and we do manual triggers.

So from your experience how long does it take the import to trigger after the action is executed in the tasklist?

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The time seems to vary. Even last week, one time it took almost one hour, but the next day it was almost immediate. There must be some background checks being performed, that are affected by system performance. I know in our case, our Solution Manager system is extremely busy with all its connections/communications with other systems.

Cheers,

Shawn

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Goto tcode SCMA and import of TOC to QA system through tasklist.

If the Charms setup is configured fully.

You can't import a single TOC or a request using charm into any system whether test or production for normal corrections

it is designed project based import method so only project can be imported if you have to move a change to QAS earlier then convert this NC into UC means Cancel the Change document Again approve the CR as Urgent correction......new change document will be created

use this change document to import to QA

Normal correction follows Maintenance Cycle phase or project phases but Urgent corrections don't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the reply. I have successfully set up ChaRM before without cCTS. Now with cCTS enabled it is looking for transport requests to be approved prior to them being migrated. When I run the import activity from SCMA it does not see that the transport is there (because it has not been approved). I did not configure any settings to require QA approval (I followed the SAP cCTS Configuration Guide) with cCTS.

Cheers,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shawn,

From here on i can just guess

Please check if the transport is local request.

Verify cCTS parameters as per SAP

Setting TMS Parameters for Central CTS - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

Manually registered transport requests can be assigned to a task list only, not to a change transaction.  If you use change transactions ,,,,the system does not take into account transport requests that you added manually.

Following note gives little insight into similar issue from Charm perspective.

Note 1150426 - Registering transport requests in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions Anand.

It is not a local request; I have verified the cCTS parameters as well. I'll keep searching.

Take care,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

i've the same issue and still looking for a solution.

Please let me know, if you find something.

Regards,

Wilhelm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilhelm,

I have not found a solution yet, but when I do I will post it here. Please do the same.

Thanks,

Shawn

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

when you say approved, do you mean released?

What's the action you try to perform from the ChaRM UI? Have you generated ToCs already? What does the TMS alert viewer tell you?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño