Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unfixed pegging quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

Fixed pegging are not included in net requirement calculation :

Below is my question :

1)  If  My requirement is 50 pieces and already there is 50 pieces of stock which is unfixed quantity  . when net requirement calculation is done then this 50 pieces of stock get assigned to requirement .Here my receipt element is getting reduced . Does these 50 pieces of stock will assigned as fixed pegging or not ?

2) In these case i have requirement with 50 pieces  and there is stocks of 90 pieces with unfixed pegging quantity  . when the net requirement calculation is done then what will be the output does this 90 pieces unfixed quantity will peg to requirement  ?? And  90 pieces of stock will get  under which quantity whether fixed or unfixed after running net requirement calculation..

Regards

Virender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jyotichalikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

1) Yes, 50 pieces of stock can be fixed pegged either manually or by running heuristics.

2) Only 50 pieces of stocked would be pegged in this case and these 50 pieces can be fixed pegged later.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jyoti

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Virender

1 - Are you using heuristic SAP_PP_019. If no then would be dynamic one.

2 - Yes netting would consider this and dynamic pegging will be created for 50qty,

Check SAP notes

393437 - Pegging in APO: background information (documentation)

458996 - Fixed pegging in SAP APO (documentation)

Specially check SAP note, point 6

448960 - Net requirements calculation (documentation)

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Thanks for suggesting above notes.

But i am little bit confuse by 6th point in note  448960

If there is a fixed pegging relationship between a requirement and a receipt, only the remaining

quantities of the requirements and the receipt are taken into account during the net requirements

calculation, that is, the requirement quantity minus the fixed pegging quantity or the receipt

quantity minus the fixed pegging quantity.

what is the remaining  quantity in the requirement  & receipt?

The requirement quantity minus the fixed pegging quantity or the receipt

quantity minus the fixed pegging quantity.

Regards

Virender

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sehwag Ji

It's simple, if you have 100 as stock and requirement is 50 then basically 50 stock is available for next net requirement calculation. Now if further requirement is there of 100 but before requirement date of first requirement still 50 would be considered coz of fixed pegging. If it would have been dynamic pegging then system would have assigned all 100 to latest requirement of 100. It respects the earlier fixed pegging and considers its already assigned So not available for next net requirement.

I hope it's clear now.

regards

Rahul