cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB11 - Inbound Delivery

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have issue creating inbound delivery through MB11. Right now its creating outbound delivery instead of inbound delivery for particular plant.

Other plants with same movement type inbound delivery creating fine with out any issue . Only Particular plant only have issue.

Can please suggest me how to check ? what is the problem behind that ???

Thanks

Prabu K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arnabsarkar2601
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

As you have issue for a particular plant I am suggesting you to pls check the settings of tht particular plant also check the shipping point determined for that plant too.May be something missing for that particular plant .

Regards,

Arnab

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MB11 is an old transaction and used for Inbound Delivery.  I wonder why you were using this for outbound delivery.  Moreover, for outbound delivery, you need to use transactions like VL01N, VL10* etc.,  Now coming to your query, check what movement type is used for that plant.  Then check in OMJJ, whether for that movement type, it is included in Allowed Transactions.

G. Lakshmipathi

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Wrong answer.

No matter mb11, MB* or migo, it's supposed to post an IM movement.

If the involved storage location is HU managed, or decentralized WM managed, or EWM related, system will generate a delivery document instead of posting material document.

This is standard.

VL01n, vl10 is not for this scenario.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Wrong answer.

Certainly not !!!!!!!.  In order to justify this, if you execute MB11 in your system, you will come to know that system would give a message as "Obsolete".  In fact, it would refer to OSS note 1804812.   Execute it and update here with your findings. 

G. Lakshmipathi

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Appologize for my words. I should not say "wrong answer".

However, MB11, MB** or MIGO can be used to generate delivery. That's for sure.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also not saying you should not use but as I said earlier, once you execute MB11, system would pop up a message "Obsolete".  When SAP pops up such a message, would you still continue?  I won't and look for an alternative.

G. Lakshmipathi

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

As stated in the pop-up message:

"You can still use these transactions in Release 6.xx. However you should change your process over to transaction MIGO".

So,

1. MB** can still be used. It's not recommended but you can keep your process unchanged if there is no error/problem.

2. If you want to change, you should change to MIGO, which is the new-centralized-transaction for MM-IM posting.

This is why you are wrong. VL01, VL10* is totally irrelevant here.

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on what movement type you are using.

It also depends on what's the setting of source plant/storage loc. and target plant/stor.loc.

E.g.

For transfer posting scenario, the delivery type will be determined dependin on source plant/storage location and target plant/store.loc.

1. source: HU managed,  target: non-HU manaed -> outbound delivery.
2. source: Non-HU, target: HU managed -> Inbound delivery.

3. Source: HU, target: HU -> transfer posting delivery, which is also a kind of OBD.