cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application log download

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more question for the experts. I am not a big fan of the way SAP displays their application logs and they are very difficult to deal with.

Here is my problem. On my initial customer transfer to GTS there were various errors for missing data in the log that prevented the customers from being transferred.

I will need someone from the business to review the errors and correct, but when you save the logs you lose the icons and there is no way to pick out the errors unless you read every line.

If I try and remove the green lines in the detailed view before downloading then I lose what material the error relates too. It does seem like I can remove the lines that have a yellow icon as those don't reference the customer number and aren't hard errors.

Does anyone know a better way?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sureshganeshp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Run the program /SDF/BAL_READ and download the results.

You would want to specify the Sync program name in the selection screen, before executing the program

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

If you save log in html format, then you could still see green/red icons.

I use T-code: SLG1 as example. Same function should also available in other transactions when you display log.

If you just want to shows error logs(stop icon / red icon) then you could unclick yellow icon and green icon(besides export icon). Logs are filter out with less information.

Best regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Did you try checking tables BALHDR, BALM, BALMP etc. I've never used it but please try. Thanks!

Regards

Dhilipan