cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update contract with delivered quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do anyone know if there is a solution where a sales contracts are updated with delivered quantity instead of ordered quantity ?

Regards Jane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member362017
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I recognize your problem. If you have a sales contract for 100 tons of material, make 10 call-off sales orders of 10 tons each the contract is SAP technically fulfilled.

However if the delivery orders were short delivered and only 9 tons delivered each time then from your customers view point they are still entitled to call-off one more time for the remaining balance of 10 tons. Standard SAP in this case will not allow the call-off as it looks to the sale orders qty only to determine outstanding qty on the contract

I have struggled for awhile trying to find a good standard SAP solution and  have two instance of SAP running, one where ABAPers modified the process so that the sales order is updated by the delivered qty each time PGI takes place. Not ideal as it makes performance reporting needlessly hard.

Regards

0 Kudos

The issue is very interesting, i can´t understand why when you make a sales order refering to a quotation the remaining quantity is based on quantity in sales order instead of actual quantity in PGI. Any way to solve? thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I mean is when you have a sales contract it's based on your sales order but when you deliver your sales order the quantity can differ. So it's the actual delivered qty I want the contract to be updated with not the ordered qty. Have anyone a suggestion to an automated way ? so you don't have to update your sales order manually with the delivered qty each time the delivery is not equal.

//Jane

Former Member
0 Kudos

your requirement is genuine, bu these kind of things are getting captured in reporting. You can enhance your existing report (if exists related to contract) or create a new report which will display this value:

Contract Quantity | Sales order qty | delivery Qty | Contract Undelivered Qty |

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case it won't be a contract. It will be a sale order. We always create sale order or release order with reference to a contract. Sometimes client name the sale order document as contract. In my current client they also use sales contract term for sales order.

Thank$