cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GTS - How to do a company code/FTO conversion

jeff_reedy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Has anyone undergone a company code conversion in SAP ECC while running GTS? 

In this situation the company code for a open sales order or PO will change in ECC.  I have done several of these conversions in the past, however I just implemented GTS (Sanctioned Party List and Embargo Screening) and now have another company code conversion coming my way soon.  We use home-grown ABAP programs, Mircosoft Access routines, and some brute force to do the conversions in ECC.  What I don’t know yet is how GTS will react to a document that is in one company code/FTO today and a different company code/FTO tomorrow.  Will GTS be able to handle that situation and make the change automatically or do I need to run a conversion of some sort in GTS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Assuming you are referring to change in the codes being used in SAP and not the actual company name/address.

If the company code is changed in the feeder system document via Sales order/PO change BAPI or manual save or any other standard change document mechanism and if there is a valid FTO for the new altered company code- GTS will determine/pull the change in the customs document level from SO/PO and Delivery.

But compliance checks will not happen once the subsequent process is complete. So, your license(if any) in the customs document will have old FTO. Whereas your customs document will have new FTO. This might lead to inconsistent data for audit.

So,as a process you should be identifying all old licenses with the old FTO# and replace it with the new FTO# or add the new FTO# in the license with the old FTO#. Just invalidate the old FTO by naming it as "not in use"

I'll update if I can think of anything else.

Regards

Dhilipan

jeff_reedy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dhilipan:
Thank you for the prompt answer.  I appreciate the help.

Best regards

Jeff

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just my 2-cents. You can map more than one company code to a FTO. If you directly file with Customs through GTS and the federal id is not changing, then you can map the new company code to the same FTO.  Also, if you not filing directly with Customs through GTS, the same applies.

Regards, Dean.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

I think this is a Compliance, rather than a Customs, question; but you're right (and it's a brilliant answer) - there's no need to change FTO just because the Company Code is changing.  If the FTO name needs to be changed, that's easily handled.

Regards,

Dave