cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTIF_CREATE: missing SAP components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when I create an incident in managed system the incident correctly shows up in ITSM of SAP Solution Manager with all fields filled except for the SAP component ("invalid SAP component").

For example when I use FI-AP-AP-IC in managed system which is not avaibale in solution manager. I checked the tables dswp_csncomp and dswpcsncomptxt, but this specific component isnt there. The background job for fetiching the components from SAP is disabled, because it is not a productive system. So I ran the report DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENTS manually, but with no luck. Incidents with components which are maintained in these tables are working correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please check Job SM:GET CSN COMPONENTS is scheduled weekly or not. If not schedule it and check. this job will collect SAP components.

Please verify authorization. or use a id which has all the authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

the job is not scheduled, so I ran the report (DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENT) manually, but with no luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are there any other examples? If the component does not exist at SAP or is not allowed, then it is not a Solution Manager error that the component is not copied by the report.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried different transactions from where I created the incidents:

• FB60: Suggested component for incident is: FI. In ITSM of solman I get the error "invalid component"
  • PA30: Suggested component for incident is: PA-PA. In ITSM of solman I get the error "invalid component"
  • STMS: Suggested component for incident is: BC-CTS-TMS. Everything is fine with the incident in ITSM

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I get also an error message when trying to select component FI or PA-PA, in the customer support application at SAP.

This is not an error of the Solution Manager. It is something on purpose by SAP support infrastructure.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias Meyer wrote:

Hello Anand,

the job is not scheduled, so I ran the report (DSWP_GET_CSN_COMPONENT) manually, but with no luck.

Hi Tobias,

is the RFC connection to SAPOSS working properly? Otherwise, the report can not connect to SAP to get fresh / updated data fro components.

Kind regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tested the RFC connections to OSS via SM59 without any errors. I will try to set a breakpoint in the report to check the fetched data in the tables.

Tobias

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The issues you pointed out so far are just components which are not supposed to be distributed or used for incidents.

If you point out any issue with a component that should be in place but isn't , then I'll check issues with the job. So far, I have seen nothing that indicates there is a real problem.

Best regards,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

please check content of dictionary table "DSWP_CSNCOMP" via SE16.

What is in there?

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

the specific component we were talking about (FI-AP-AP-IC) is not maintained in the table you suggested.

Miguels answer seems to be the correct one to this "issue".

Thank you all for your help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

FI-AP-AP-IC does not exist at SAP. It is not an issue that you cannot select it in the Solution Manager .

Some software components are also not allowed for selection.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

thanks for your reply! I am aware that some components are not allowed for selection.But why doesnt exist the component at SAP? I am not into FI, but I thought this a basic component?

See: FI-AP-AP-IC Invoices and Credit Memos - Release notes 46A - SAP Library

Thanks!

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

sometimes components are discontinued. I cannot provide more insight into why it does not exist. It could have been mistakenly deleted from SAP? I cannot really say.

I see that the note you refer to is for a 4.6A system. The component could be out of support and therefore incidents cannot even be created at SAP under this incident. This is all just a thought, I haven't seen this documented.

I certainly got the error message that the component does not exist when I tried to forward an incident to it from our incident management system at SAP.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño