cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories on activity type email?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In my current cloud for Sales project we have a requirement around different business roles being able to assign different activity categories when creating and maintaining the activity types appointments, emails, phonecalls and tasks. We are using the code list restrictions to make sure each business role can see the relevant values, which is working fine for tasks, phonecalls and appointments.

For emails however, I cannot seem to be able to assign categories when creating them. We are creating emails through outlook, and in outlook I can only assign customer, lead, opportunity etc. to the email.

I have been able to make the category field visible on emails in C4C, but cannot make it maintainable. Only option for this seems to be visible/hidden.

My question is therefore:

1. Why is is possible to maintain categories for emails in the finetuning, if we cannot assign them?

2. If it is actually possible to assign the categories to emails when creating/maintaining them, how do you do it?

Thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To the Summarize the issue in 2 questions as below , I believe , will hope fully address all subsequent queries as well

1) Why is it possible to maintain categories for emails in the fine-tuning, if we cannot assign them?

Ans: Email is an only activity which upon triggering gets immediately into Completed status. It doesn't have any other statuses because of which every email has been categorized as Business Email.

The other categories which are maintained for Email are part of C4C configuration which are never used and probably in future, depending on Customer's requirement, they might be removed .

2) If it is actually possible to assign the categories to emails when creating/maintaining them, how do you do it?

Ans: Its not possible to assign categories for Email.

Andreas_S
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Would it be possible to assign the categories to emails when creating/maintaining them on any future release?

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

At this point in time , no commitment on the future release can be given, Ideally we would like to direct you to ideas forum which is a great place of all requirements and requesting functionalities as this is frequently verified by the product management to incorporate them depending on the rating on the idea or the feasibility and importance of it.

Ideas Forum can be accessible at : https://ideas.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer

Regards
Prasanth Arya