cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System NFS protocol configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Basically its and File(NFS) to Idoc scenario.

SLD, IR looks good but below are th ID configurations done for sender NFS transport protocol.

Facing error in communication channel "Configured source directory does not exists"

The XML files are placed in my local C:\Users\xi\Documents but he file is not picked & processed.

Please help. Many Thanks.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

1. You need to place the file in File system, i.e. in application layer which can be viewed through t-code     "AL11".

2. Usev the same path in your "Source directory".

3. In order to place the file in al11, you can use the t-code "CG3Z".

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

I have created the share folder(177.160.01.147) also entered the same path in communication channel under source dir.

But getting error which states "Configured source directory '\\177.160.01.147\rajesh\grn' does not exist"

Please help. Many thanks.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

When you say created the shared folder, can you check whether you can access this folder in AL11 directory of PI.

If yes, then please maintain the same in the directory parameter of the channel.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I agree with Vishnu.

The work of NFS here is to simply extract file from local PI al11 directory.

Regards,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

So folders need to created in XD1 application (AL11 transaction) server level same as share folder.

Also mainly at OS level folders need to be created.

Mounting point should be enabled between XI development server and Share folder(\\177.160.01.147\sap (D:\SAP)

Unable to view it in AL11 transaction or should we need to create. or when I create am getting below error:

Wrong order of calls <- CALL opendir: No such file or directory(,,..)

Message no. S1204

Also please help me in mounting concept of os level and appln server level if you aware means.

Many Thanks.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

You don't have to worry about Mounting as it needs to handled by basis team.

Coming to Mounting concept, it just mounts the specific directory from specific location to your PI AL11 i.e. application server, so that you can access the directory locally at PI level.

Please discuss with your basis team, explaining the requirement and help them if they need details from PI standpoint.

Regards

Vishnu

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

From the directory path, you have given C:....

Is this some directory which got mounted on to PI server.

Normally, when we use NFS transport protocol, we would give the directory which exists in the AL11 directories.

If it is a mounted one, then can you please cross check with your basis team, if there is any issue with the mounting, as the PI channel is clearly saying the directory does not exists error while polling.

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

In case if Shared folder is used to pick xml's from respective source directory.

What are the necessary configurations need to be done.

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As this is related to basis bucket, I am not aware of the steps/configurations needed for the mounting.

But AFAIK, Basis team will do the mounting of one directory or drive on to the PI system.

Just from PI system, try to access that directory.

From this, you would come to know the directory path by which you have routed through.

Just mention the same in the file channel and try.

But if it is not a mounted one, then you have to go for FTP transport protocol in your channel and need to do the channel configuration accordingly.

Regards

Vishnu

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

For this you need to provide the path of pi server installation location.

For example: the path will be like this: Considering that the pi server is installed in the D drive then the path would be like this 😧 usr/sap/Create the folder in this and trigger the file again.

Thanks

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gridhar,

Thanks for the information.

So as per my understanding the PI/XI server installation should be done in that specific Shared folder in order to pick the XML files from source directory.

Could you please elaborate more on this note, it would be really great ful.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

i will explain in simple way.

if the path is able to open from RUN(windows+R) in the system where you are working that interface.

then you must be able to access that path by using NFS Protocol.. if not you can't access by mean need to use FTP Protocol.

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswarareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

In case if I use an share folder should i need to all read, write, create,delete, copy etc authorizations.

Also when defining in sender comm channel \\177.160.01.147\sap\grn in source directory and filed name as *.xml and what is use of additional files mentioned in source tab.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

>>In case if I use an share folder should i need to all read, write, create,delete, copy etc authorizations.

Yes , those authorizations must be have to user ..which you are using in channel(FTP).

>>Also when defining in sender comm channel \\177.160.01.147\sap\grn in source directory and filed name as *.xml and what is use of additional files mentioned in source tab.

I hope below link will help about your question and more about file adapter.

Sender File Adapter Frequently Asked Questions - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Thanks & Regards,

Maheswarareddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwarareddy,

Could you please help me in point 2. The link provide doesnt have much about NFS protocol.

Also please refer my last postRajesh PS Jun 22, 2015 12:50 PM (in response to Souvik Bhattacharjee)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gridhar,

I have created the share folder and entered the same in ID cc part. But facing comm channel error.

Configured source directory '\\177.160.01.147\rajesh\grn' does not exist"

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

i could see in your screenshot , you have used NFS protocol, which is not relevant in your case.

configure sender channel as per below steps:

TP: FTP

MP: File

Source directory: \\177.160.01.147\rajesh\grn  (or)  \rajesh\grn

Server :177.160.01.147

Port:21

even after still fails due to authorizations, you can uncheck anonymous login and maintain user name & password which is that server(177.160.01.147) credentials, not sap ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I'm getting error when I config as FTP.

retry interval started. Length: 30.0 seconds

Error 6/22/15 5:00:30 PM Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "177.160.01.147": java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (errno:239)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Are you trying to access anonymously or using authentication mode for the connectivity?

Also, please check with the basis team whether is there any issue while doing telnet to this server.

Regards

Vishnu

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

is FTP server is configured properly or not .and you have used the NFS protocol.Please lookafter that also.

Thanks

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

for the NFS configuration you should provide source directory from PI Server file system not from your local machine.

Try to give the source directory from PI Server.  Place the files in that directory, then it will work.

Regards,

Santhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Could you please brief it.

Actually we are using share folder to pick the xmls files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Then you have to use FTP configuration on file channel.

and you have to open FTP ports between shared folder system and PI System.   then you can pick the files from shared folder from PI file interface.

Regards,

Santhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

Should we need to use NFS procotol in comm channel in case if ftp is replaced with Sharefolder directory whether it is sender or receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Please check below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/243228

Where is that shared folder from?  Is it from another system?  if it is you have to use FTP in Comm channel and you have to open FTP port in PI system to that shared folder system.

If you want to pick the files from Local PI file system i.e.,   the folders can be shown via AL11 transaction,  then you have to use NFS(Normal File system)  in configuration in File communication channel.

Please check below link.

Regards,

Santhi