cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Regarding "Generate Time Data" Option in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I just have another question on generation of Time data. Is there a way to generate these data in our local schema rather than the standard _SYS_BI schema ? This is because we need to provide additional permissions to access the Time dimension table from _SYS_BI and copy selected columns on to our schema.

Basically, the requirement is, i need to generate all the DATES for the given year. So i will be only interested on DATE_SQL column of _SYS_BI.M_TIME_DIMENSION table. So is there any way i can generate this column alone in our local schema ?

Thanks

Venkatesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all: don't hijack other question threads please!

A new question should be a new thread. It costs the same and is a lot easier to handle than some page long discussion that is only partly relevant to your actual question.

To answer briefly: the provided functionality to generate time data is there for the provided standard tables only. Actually calling the functionality without the SAP HANA studio UI is not officially supported.

The whole purpose of the time data generation is to have a (stupid) simple way to generate the single one data type that is common among all data ware houses - the time dimension.

If you require something similar in your own schema, you need to implement that yourself.

As the whole point of the table is to provide easy access to date data in different formats, I am under the impression that this table is actually not what you want.

Maybe you would be better off implementing a table function that returns all day dates for a given year in the format you need.

- Lars