cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Time not Considering Available Capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP Experts,

Please help me with the following question regarding the Scheduling of Operation:

Capacity Data: Available Capacity = 8 Hours. Relevant for Finite Scheduling is ticked. In Routing the Time Entered is 16 Hours against the Assembly Operation based on which the scheduling/Capacity requirements are calculated.

When i run MRP and convert the Planned order to Production order, I anticipate that the Processing time which is calculated based on the Assembly operation hours should be 16 Hours/8 Hours = 2 Days but system is calculating 16 Hours/24 Hours = 0.7 Day. Why is the system ignoring the Available Capacity when i am scheduling my Operation. Kindly Provide your valuable Inputs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramalingadas,

Convert the day's into hours. In one case you are checking in hours and other you are checking in days. Check the dates proposed in produciton order.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks again for all your replies. Just wanted to confirm my Understanding with you. Please correct my understanding if it is wrong

The Processing activity takes 16 Hours to Complete. Considering that my Work Timings in the Capacity tab are set to 8 Hours and also the processing time is always calculated in Days... would this activity get completed in 2 Days or 0.7 Day ?

SAP Is calculating it to 0.7 Days but my expectation is that it should schedule this operation 2 days from the Operation Start Date/Time. See SAP Help below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/7e/d419eb455911d189400000e8323c4f/content.htm

Regards

Ram

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Duration would be 0.7 Day = 16 Hrs  and 2 Days will be the scheduling time.

So please check the scheduling start and end time. I don't think there is any issue with capacity calculation scheduling in your case.

Or use Hours HR as unit of measure then you will have duration as 16 HRs and scheduling will be for two days.

Which will be same as SAP example as per the link provided by you.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramalingadas,

Would this activity get completed in 2 Days or 0.7 Day ?

If you check the operation scheduling start and finish time there would be 16H which is 2 days per your WC available time.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran/Rupesh,

Thanks again..There are also several other operations and the times that is causing some confusion. I would check this in our test system with a simple operation and revert back to you

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I just did a test by making the UOM of all the Activities inside the operation from "Days" into "Hours"  and it seems to correctly Schedule the order. If one of the Activities was Day then the Activity UOM inside the Operation is also set to DAY probably because that is the largest of the time units.Having hours across all the Activities help and avoids confusion due to the Conversion from Hours to Days. I am going to test more and conclude on this.

Thanks so much for your inputs

Regards

Ram

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Go to your production order  operation details screen  in Dates tab please check the operation start and end time and duration. It will give you clear idea about scheduling time and duration.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions. I am closing this thread

Regards

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramalindadas,

Hope you have assgined same WC to your operation 0010 which is showing in above snap shots.

Please share the WC Scheduling formulae for same WC.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly thanks to Rupesh and Kiran so much for your prompt response. I have setup the Active version and Re-ran MRP with Lead time scheduling. Still i see that the Processing time is calculated as 0.7 Day instead of 2 Days.

I Checked the ZP01 Key..It has the Capacity Requirements ticked in OP00

It still looks like it is ignoring the Avl Capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Forgot to ask if the "Finite Scheduling" Indicator in Production Scheduling Profile has any role to play in this. Please let me know if i have to activate this indicator ?

Regards

Ram

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramalingadas,

What is your production order/operation quantity and also check under Capacity intervals and Shifts you have defined any other times?

BR
KK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

ZP01 control key is also mark for Scheduling too?

What is formula for capacity calculation?

Can you check operation start and end time?

0.7 days meas 24X0.7= 16 HRS which is correct.

Go to your production order  operation details screen  in Dates tab please check the operation start and end time and duration.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramalingadas,

Finite Scheduling in production scheduling profile only useful to check the overloads on WC.

As Rupesh mentioned there is no issue with your operation times as the UOM is 0.7Day means 16Hrs.

You can confirm this by checking operation start time and end time.

BR
KK

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check your control key ZP01 in OP00 mark for scheduling and capacity requirement.

In CR02 capacity Active version =  01 Normal capacity.

Also check the formula in work center for capacity and scheduling.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar