cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of EAM Owner in GRC 10.1

0 Kudos

Hi All ,

"

I need advice on how to delete a  FireFighter ID Owner since i keep on getting the message "Owner is already in use and cannot be deleted" .

when i try to delete from the onwer assigment i got another error message "XXX s assigned to a firefighter using owner XXXXX cannot be deleted .

In our design we have a multiple FF ID is assigned to multiple FF Owner but owners would not have access to EA ID . 

Based on the note :1800645 - Firefighter Owner cannot be removed from the Owner Assignment

"

In order to delete the owner, you have to first remove the dependent entries.

For deleting the Owner assignment, you have to first delete all the FirefightID & Firefighter relationship from Firefighter User assignment which were assigned by same SPM Owner."

Any help to resolve this much appreciated .

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

To keep the data consistent, before deleting the Owner, one has to delete all the FFID and Firefighter assignments where the user is owner( not the assignments done by him). So kindly check in FFID/Firefighter POWL if there is any assignment were the user is owner, first delete that. Then you would be able to delete the owner.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandani Kaur

0 Kudos

Hi Chandani ,

In our design a Fire Fighter ID can be approved by a group of approvers consist of 15 . Would that mean i need to re-do back the assignment from start  or i would only need to delete those FF ID which approved by the owner and expired .

Regards

Kumar

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

It does not matter how the FFID assignment is done. You just check in Firefighter Assignment POWL that if there is any assignment where the user(owner you want to delete) is actual owner of the relationship. As when we assign FFID to firefighter we have to provide one owner name. So remove that assignment.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandani Kaur

0 Kudos

Hi Chandani ,

Thank you it works i tested with one EA ID and able to remove users from owner for that particular ID but this will also have an impact on the existing active assignment i assume as active session will be removed .

The other option i could see to re-assign but even being in GRC 10.1 and having SAP_ALL not able to see the administrator option .  ()

Regards

Kumar .

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

You can refer to Note:2080204 - Mass Maintenance of Firefighters, which provides on information on this functionality.

Thanks & Regards,
Chandani kaur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Chandani ,

Thank you it helps and i have requested basis team to implement this note .

I had removed the owner name and for those active assignment have assigned different owner for each of the EA ID .

Regards

Kumar .