cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return check box of Item Category

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could you please let me know would there by any impact if we change the Item Category 'return' checkbox ticked?

We have an Item Category for which return check box is unticked(VOV7 setting) till now. It was not being used for return scenarios so far.

Now there was a new requirement implemented where this Item Category is also getting determined for return orders for few scenarios.

But since the return check-box is unticked the Net Value in Return Order where getting negative values.

Hence I ticked this check-box in test environment and now the Net value is positive. But before I implement this change in production environment I would like to know if there is any other functionality that the 'return' option does. Is there any impact?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If this item category was mapped with your return scenario and it is being determined in return order as well it means it was meant to be a return item category. The guy who configured the system might have copied some other standard item category TAN or some other and he forgot to tick this Return field. Now since you have identified the issue and it is working fine so you don't need to worry at all and take the credit of resolving this issue

This field is for return items or credit memo items. If you tick this field it will have reverse impact of TAN. You can see in G2N that this field is ticked even though that is not return item but a credit memo item.

I hope its clear now.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi MozzaM,

Thanks for the opinion.

But the return box option solution did have an impact. Once i changed the ItCa to returns relevant , in normal orders the Net Value started to show negative values.
I got the answer. Our copy control setting was not setup properly(VTAF). The same ItCa is being copied from Invoice to Return order. Now I need to change it to a ItCa valid for returns.

Thanks,

Theerthesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exactly! In standard SAP, the item category for sales TAN is different from returns, credit REN, G2N. Your design should be in the same lines.

Basically activation of returns in item category means that it cannot be part of sales, as it is part of returns, credit.

TW

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as correctly mentioned above by TW, to add on the posting will happen as

Revenue A/c Dr

to

Customer A/c Cr.

and the following item categories will have return check :

a. REN

b. KRN

c. KAN

d. G2N

And by checking return systems understand that the goods are coming in and it is not for sales.

Message was edited by: Abhishek Ojha

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theerthesh,

You cannot use the same item category for sales and returns (credit), so if this item category is being used for sales, then have a different item category with returns activated for returns (and credit).

TW

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Theerthesh Jain,

I would like to suggest following note for your reference:

774424 - Plus/minus sign of condition rate & value (KNEGA & SHKZG)

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

0 Kudos

Hi Crystal Lin,

Thank you very much for the  suggestion. But I think that does not answer my question.

What i want to know is what is the significance of returns check box in item category definition.

I know that if you want to you use your Item Category for returns scenario you need to tick that check box. But I want to know the intrinsically what all changes happen in the system by doing that.

Thanks,

Theerthesh