Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SidePanel not Enabled in NWBC 5.0 ....

former_member216271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was trying to implement Side Panel for Standard GUI Transactions, But I don't find the side panel enabled for my NWBC 5.0 GUI version.

I have given all the required Roles(SAP_BSSP*) to the user as per given documentation. But still I don't see leftward arrow icon on the right-hand side of the window to view the panel as mentioned in the configuration steps and Configuration testing from below link...

Getting Started with Side Panel Configurations - Side Panel for Business Suite - SAP Library

Could you please suggest what more configs/steps I need to follow to enable side panel for my NWBC5.0....

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Uday.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

In NWBC 5.0 the side panel icon has moved into the top of the shell near the quick launch. It is no longer on the right side of the screen.

What's New in SAP NetWeaver Business Client - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Hth,

Simon

former_member216271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Below Screen shows NWBC 5.0 which I am using and in that Side Panel Icon is not active, looks like it is in disable mode. If I am not wrong, below highlighted is the side panel Icon, right !!... If it is the right one how to make it enable....

Thanks.

PEHAM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

your screen looks like you are using a connection via SAPLogon instead of a NWBC connection.

Be careful: in NWBC 5.0 you can access the same system as if you were in SAPLogon (Icon SAPLogon) or  with NWBC (NWBC icon).

Of course, for the two different  options, different entries are necessary in the configuration files.

Best regards.

former_member216271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hamon, I am using NWBC Icon to connect to SAP system for a browser view...but i don't understand " different entries are necessary in the configuration files."

Be careful: in NWBC 5.0 you can access the same system as if you were in SAPLogon (Icon SAPLogon) or  with NWBC (NWBC icon).

Of course, for the two different  options, different entries are necessary in the configuration files.

How to make that side panel icon enable in my NWBC5.0 from that grayed-out icon...Please let me know...

Thanks..

PEHAM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

i mean, in the System selection screen, you are currently using a SAPLogon connection through NWBC 5.0

like this one:

and NOT a NWBC connection like this:

In the first case, Side Panels cannot be enabled, this is working like a SAPLogon connection.

Best regards.

Answers (0)