ERP Procurement Master data integration with ARIBA
I have a question on Master Data Management between ARIBA and SAP ERP Procurement:
1. How do we sync ARIBA Items with ERP Material Masters? (I would like to transfer from ERP to ARIBA)
2. How do we sync ERP Vendor Masters with ARIBA? (I also assume there could be Vendors in ERP that are not on the ARIBA Network)
3. How are Purchase requisitions generated by MRP "automatically" fulfilled through ARIBA?
Appreciate your answers
Andreas Muno replied
Thank you, Willem, for your question, and Jürgen, for pointing to me.
1) Willem, you'd only need master data replicated from SAP to Ariba in as much as you use Ariba Procure to Pay (P2P) as the system of engagement, while SAP MM remains the system of record. There are standardized ways for this, as shown in the Ariba P2P integration RDS, here is a link: http://service.sap.com/public/rds-aribap2p.
2) For PO & Invoice automation among buyer and supplier on the Ariba Network, the supplier needs to be subscribed to the Ariba Network, and a respective customizing setting for that vendor needs to be established in ERP: In Customizing (SPRO), go to Integration with other SAP Components > SAP Business Suite Integration for Ariba > Integration for Buyers > Enable Vendors for Ariba Network.
3) Purchase orders created in ERP, e.g. via MRP runs, will automatically be sent to the supplier on the Ariba Network provided the Ariba Network integration with SAP Business Suite has been established properly. You find all the details for this setup in the Ariba Network integration RDS I pointed to in the link I posted in the document: http://service.sap.com/public/rds-ariba.
I hope this helps.