Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP Procurement Master data integration with ARIBA

former_member426101
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on Master Data Management between ARIBA and SAP ERP Procurement:

1. How do we sync ARIBA Items with ERP Material Masters? (I would like to transfer from ERP to ARIBA)

2. How do we sync ERP Vendor Masters with ARIBA? (I also assume there could be Vendors in ERP that are not on the ARIBA Network)

3. How are Purchase requisitions generated by MRP "automatically" fulfilled through ARIBA? 

Appreciate your answers

Willem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndreasMuno
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you, Willem, for your question, and Jürgen, for pointing to me.

1) Willem, you'd only need master data replicated from SAP to Ariba in as much as you use Ariba Procure to Pay (P2P) as the system of engagement, while SAP MM remains the system of record. There are standardized ways for this, as shown in the Ariba P2P integration RDS, here is a link: http://service.sap.com/public/rds-aribap2p.

2) For PO & Invoice automation among buyer and supplier on the Ariba Network, the supplier needs to be subscribed to the Ariba Network, and a respective customizing setting for that vendor needs to be established in ERP: In Customizing (SPRO), go to Integration with other SAP Components > SAP Business Suite Integration for Ariba > Integration for Buyers > Enable Vendors for Ariba Network.

3) Purchase orders created in ERP, e.g. via MRP runs, will automatically be sent to the supplier on the Ariba Network provided the Ariba Network integration with SAP Business Suite has been established properly. You find all the details for this setup in the Ariba Network integration RDS I pointed to in the link I posted in the document: http://service.sap.com/public/rds-ariba.

I hope this helps.  

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you can get help from your colleague Andreas Muno who just posted a document here

and finally you both can create a useful blog together that gives the community a bit  more detailed insight with examples and screenshots  of the Ariba integration that goes beyond the pure marketing.