Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include Resp. Cost center field in CN41 report through SAP Note 43493

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am including a field 'resp. cost center' from WBS to CN41 report using SAP note 43493.
I am going though the documentation part of this note, parallel to it I want to know if you have implemented it in your projects earlier then please share  some logical workaround that you followed.

Appreciate your suggestions on it.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Have you tried to switch to other hierarchy, I mean 000000000003?

I have not tried this myself, but in theory that will take the Cost center hierarchy into the leading column.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I tried it just now but it does not bring Resp. Cost center into picture.

Regards

Saurabh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I think you need to maintain the Cost Center hierarchy first.  There is an hierarchy ID in the pop-up window.  Do you mean it just gives an empty output or any error message?

Thank you,

Paulo

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

The cost center hierarchy ID is maintained in structure info. system :

When I select this and execute t-code CN41, it says " Alternative hierarchy could not be determined"

Please suggest if there is any proper procedural steps to bring "resp. cost center" field into picture.

Thanks & regards

Saurabh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

My best guess would be for you to try to create this hierarchy id called K0001_HIER that includes some of your Responsible Cost Centers to see if you get anything.  Or you can just take a copy from your standard hierarchy.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

In t-code OKEON, I copied std. hierarchy into K001_HIER and regenerated the report CN41N with profile 000000000000003 but still it doesn't give me cost center in o/p.

is it giving you values in your system? I am not sure if I am following correct steps for it.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Just did it right now and it does switch to Cost Center hierarchy in my system.  Sorry cannot share the screen due to confidential data, but what it does is showing Hierarchy in the leading column where WBS-elements are showing up under Cost Centers.

So, it is still the WBS hierarchy but rearranged according to the Cost Center structure. The output is not particularly friendly (as anything in SAP), but probably it is a matter of getting used to it.

I just took a copy of one part of Standard hierarchy into K0001_HIER and also selected Settings > Identification > Number and text.

What do you see in your system? Any message?

Regards,

Paulo

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need to regenerate the report, you can switch in the report itself. Just click on Hierarchy icon and confirm the popup, that will update the output.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.