cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing quantities in sales order with reference to quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quotation has been created for Product -- A, 10 quantities.

Sales order created with reference to quotation, system copies 10 quantity in sales order.

How do you restrict in sales order end user should not change quantities, system should not allow for changes by end user. If end user changes Qty system should give an "Error message", so that sales can not be saved.

Could you suggest solution ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

vamsi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a standsrd functionality, you can copy quotation quantity to sales order. But in sales order quantity can be modified. In a live business scenario, this is ideal & will meet the business requirement. If you make the quantity fixed i.e same as sales order, it may not actually meet the business requirement.

Though you will be able to have the control through user exir or Error message, Please consult your client of the limitation, if the said requirement is addressed.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka.

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi., Vamsi.,

Go to the copy controls of quotation to order and in copy controls you can do the settings

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally You will have a warning message set for this. under class V1. if you want the error to be hard error then you would have to hard code it in a user exit under mv45afzz "userexit_save_document_prepare" where u can check if the quantities in the quote and sales order are different and create a hard error.

the other option which I am not sure if it is possible is to propose the eror in message class v4 which you can control thru customisation under SPRO>SD>message settings

reward points if it helps

regards

Biju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. It would really help me.

Regards,

Vamsi.