cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerBuilder IDE 11.50 crash

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I was working on a Window whe save it, the IDE crash it, now when I want to start with PowerBuilder IDE, try to show me the last object open it (the object window) and crash and I don't open and work with PowerBuilder IDE

I have Windows 7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

slachevsky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Delete the Layout entry in the registry

PB have the same issue since PB8 and never fully fixed but its simple

hkey_current_user\software\sybase\PowerBuilder\11.5\layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel your pain.

Here's what my notes say on this:

In the registry, there is a set of keys that say what will be opened when PB starts.

Use RegEdit and navigate to:

HKEY_Current_user\software\sybase\PowerBuilder\11.5\Workspace\(file name of your workspace)\Painters

Because my workspace is c:\pb\s2k11\s2k.pbw, the key is:

HKEY_Current_user\software\sybase\PowerBuilder\11.5\Workspace\C:$PB$S2K11$S2K.pbw\Painters

Since I had a suspicion on what object was bad … I just looked through the likely workspaces until I found it.

In that key, there are multiple sub-keys, numbered 0 to N-1, and a final key "Count" containing N

One of the keys is the object that can't be opened.

Delete that key, rename the other keys as appropriate, and decrement the Count key.

In my case, I had keys 0 to 4, with a count of 5.

Key 0 was the problem.

I deleted #0, and renamed #1 to 0, 2 to 1, etc. So instead of 0 to 4, I have 0 to 3

Then I changed the Count key from 5 to 4

I clicked on another key (to make sure the edit was logged), and then re-ran Powerbuilder. No crash.

I went to the object that was the problem and did NOT open it. I did a right-click on it, and chose Regenerate. Then I was able to open it and go on.

If the regeneration did not work, I probably would have used the Difference command to see what I changed, then reload (Get Latest Version) the object from VSS.

Or perhaps I would have edited the source and puzzled it out.

I hope this helps.

Mike