cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send POD document to SAP TM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our carrier will send POD legal document to us. Can we send POD legal document to TM? If yes, how?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xianhua,

I don't know whether SAP EM has standard way to do that.

However, you can create custom ruleset activity.

1. Create a new activity function (check /SAPTRX/TMS_SET_HSH_STATUS or /SAPTRX/TMS_UPD_DO_TENDERING) how it calls SAP TM system and update.

2. Create a new rule activity or add into existing POD event rule

3. Assign newly created activity function in ruleset to get the document and send it to TM then update.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xianhua,

please check activity:

TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF.

/SAPTRX/TMS_SET_HSH_STATUS and /SAPTRX/TMS_UPD_DO_TENDERING are for older TM releases and should not be used.

Best regards,
Steffen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xianhua,

Can you please let me know how is your carrier sending you the POD attachment ? Via EDI/IDOC etc ?

How is your system landscape ? Is TM & EM on the same system ? If yes, you should be able to display the attachment in the EM Web UI.

Where in TM you want to send the document ?

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

TM 9.1 and EM 9.0 but two different systems . Carrier will send EDI 214 with POD signature. Our System will parse EDI 214 to IDoc. Here is our requirement:

1) we don't know how to parse EDI 214(POD signature) to IDoc. Which way is better: one IDoc + One attachment, or IDoc with binary value in a certain tag.  How can we do that?

2) if an image file(or pdf file) is attached with IDoc, how do we do that? It looks standard IDOC adapter does not support attachments.

Thanks for your kind help.

Xianhua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly !! I kinda understood your problem but your title is little bit misleading.

Std. IDOC structure does not support or does not have a segment that can get an attachment in.

We have done it for a customer. We get the POD attachment into the EM system and save the document in application server (AL11).

Then a custom program running as a background job sends the attachement in the application server via a BAPI call /SAPTRX/BAPI_ADD_EVENT_MSG02 using the tables parameters

TRACKFILEHEADER

TRACKFILEREF

TRACKFILEBIN

TRACKFILECHAR

This will attach the pdf to the event message.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xianhua,

These discussions might be useful for you.

Attach File to EH - SAP EM to SAP TM

If above things are not working out, try to do as below.

1. When EDI 214 comes with PDF, JPG or Image file. Try to split attachment (Ref: FMSSFC_BASE64_DECODE) and IDOC using custom utility program.

2. Again Combine IDOC and attachment when you send event message /SAPTRX/BAPI_ADD_EVENT_MSG02 to SAP EM.

How to add attachments to Event Message?

Adding Attachments to Event Messages - Event - SAP Library

This solution would be ideal without impacting existing process update.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both.

In my system, I see function of TM_MAINTAIN_EXEC_INF, which is /SAPTRX/TMS_CHANGE_EXEC_INF and have only two parameters: REPLACE_TRX and ERR_IN_APP_LOG

Can you share me if there are other parameters?

There is also one activity called SEND_POD. The parameter list looks not tell how to put pdf/image file:

• Parameter-1: Enter the
    delivery number. Enter a constant or a metadata
    tag
  • Parameter-2: Enter the
    position number of the item(s). Enter a constant or a metadata
    tag
  • Parameter-3: Enter the
    material of the item(s). Enter a constant or ametadata
    tag
  • Parameter-4: Enter the
    deviation quantity, if a deviation occurred. Enter a constant or ametadata
    tag