Did you mean: 

MDM Syndication - IDOC mapping ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was going thru the following blog.

MDM Syndication

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

What is the purpose of remote system(ECC) in MDM ? Is it required to get IDOC structure from ECC into MDM repository ?

If so, what are the pre requisites/configurations required for connection to ECC from MDM. Is it enough to mention technical/Logical name of ECC server (as in SLD) for creating remote system in MDM ?

Appreciate your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ports(Outbound) is for <b>automating</b> the Syndication.

You create Ports in MDM Console.

You do NOT have to import the IDoc structure into MDM.

MDM is not like Integration Repository of XI. You do not have to import the Idoc structure at all.

SAP provides business content (out of the box) for the XI - MDM mapping.

File Adapter of XI(Inbound to XI) picks up the created xml file.

In the outbound side of XI, Idoc Adapters are used.

In the port definition of MDM, you specify the map to be used to syndicate the data.

SAP delivers the map and XSD for predefined Repository like Material, Customer, Vendor, Business Partner etc..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. I understand that MDM is shipped with business content for IDOCs(CREMAS etc).

But, I still do not understand the necessity of Remote System configuration in MDM. I dont think MDM can communicate directly with R/3(ECC). Please shed more light on this.

Thank you,

mk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

True that MDM cannot communicate directly with R/3...thts where XI comes into the picture!

Once MDM syndicates the file to the ready folder, XI picks up this file and sends to the R/3 System.

now for this tranfer to happen, we create outbound port in the console . MDM places its XML file in the Ready folder of this port created.

Now the question is for which remote system this port is created?

for this reason we specify the remote systems in MDM .

Regards,

Roshani

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mk,

the remote system information is used within the MDM key mapping. Imagine you have 2 CRM systems, 3 ECC systems and a few legacy systems attached to MDM. You load some data, you match and merge some data, you create some data in MDM. In other words: you have a large ammount of data in MDM. Now you want to know: where is all this data from? Where's the original data stored? Do I have some data that belongs to several systems? You can answer all this questions easily by viewing the data's key mapping. It shows you the remote systems and the corresponding keys within the remote systems. That's why you need to configure the remote system.

Kind regards

Michael