cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class node 200 (Post K) issue in BOM explosion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I am facing issue when using class node (type k) in BOM explosion.

For example I have create a class 200 with 3 characteristics (Color, size & picture).

I assigned this class 200 to a Material Master A and I fulfilled the values :

Color = Yellow,

Size = S,

Picture = Yes

I assigned the class type K into the correct BOM (CS02)

Now when I'm creating a Sales order, I'm doing the selction below in the configurator:

Color = yellow,

Size =  "empty value"

Picture = Yes

the result is of the BOM explosion is : Material master A.

But it's wrong because the size value has been not fulffiled so I need the system doesn't put the Material Master A but no MM because no MM matchs exactly (100%) with the class 200 defined (Yellow, S, Yes).

Can you please help me to solve this issue which is a very blocking point for me?

In advance thank you.

Virginie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Virginie Frigo,

Its really interesting issue.

My understanding is same , i agree with your expectation to see Material A only when the user assign 100% match between material setup and sales order configuration.

Please reply after checking below

Are you sure there are only one BOM for the product activate with classes or you have BOM with another usage for same product.

Why don't create one more material B with different configuration setup at material level and test is using CU50 instead of sales order.

Check and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

1.I have checked and there is no other BOM usage for this product.

2. We do not want to create another material because we have already lot of materials with different configurations. The example that I take is representing the issue but in the reality we have a lot of values possible which are not always fulfilled by the user that is why I need that when the system doesnt match 100% --> no material select.

Then, I can create a manual input for this specific configuration in the sales order.

Thanks.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well , if you cant create one more example , you can not relie of conclusion, my suggestion is use your sandbox and give it a try.

Please also check if you are using customer exit SAPLCUD0_002, if values are missing to seach this exit is not called. Consequently, if the class item is a required component, the customer exit cannot solve this case of conflict.

you can check more on it in below note.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/194348

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/196236

also check this collective note , may be one of them turn relevant.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/201647

Share you results with forum.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

I try with your OSS note but nothing really helpfull for my case.

I have found a workaround by creating a constraint network between the class 300 and the class 200. It's not the best solution but it works !

Anyway, thank youf or your help.

Best Regards

Virginie