cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate Long Term VS Short Term characteristics at results recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to have a simple way to view differentiate short terms & long terms characteristics at the moment of results recording.

In other words, the purpose would be for the user to have a clear visibility on the characteristics he needs to record results (short terms) to ensure the UD will be made.

Basically without having to go to the inspection plan (QP03) and checking the control indicator for each characteristic.

Is there a way to see that in QE51n or another report that would display it based on the inspection lot number.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

If you do not wish to create any Z things in your system (...I will also advice the same ...), you can either follow Anand's suggestion, or you can add a prefix for MIC short text description as "LT" or "ST". If so, you can see it in QE01/QE51N explicitly in Operation display for MIC short text.

Otherwise, you can try the below proposed custom mechanism (though I have not received any business request so far to do do) -

a) The present SAP defined layout applicable in QE51N is "1SAPQE51N". Try copying it and creating a customer specific layout with ABAP help.

b) Try creating "Hidden Fields" called 'Long-term Inspection', by linking QAMV-STEUERKZ as checkbox "X" as 8th position form left. Please follow the below document by Craig S:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44903

This is a very useful document I keep on referring time and again. Thanks Craig!!

c) Once if you achieve to do it, you can select this field ''Long-term Inspection' and save in the custom layout.

d) Try selecting this new layout and see if you get additional inputs about LT activated or not against MIC short text description.

If required, please explore this possibility and suggest if that works.

Thanks,

Arijit

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right and I also wonder why it is not provided in QA32 or QE51. I can suggest one alternative at the moment.

You can utilize either Info Field 1, 2 or 3 in MIC master wherein you can mention Long Term to identify that the MIC is ticked with Long Term control indicator. The same field is displayed in QA32 screen against each MIC. Hope this can help to some extent.

Anand