Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users gets same email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are on GRC10.1/07

When we raise access request for multiple users, same email triggers to all users.

For eg. Access request raised for user1, user2, user3.

user1 gets email saying access request has been approved for user1

user2 gets email saying access request has been approved for user1

user3 gets same email access request has been approved for user1

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I highly recommend removing email notifications to end users for these reasons:

1. The provisioning details will always encounter the issues you describe above
  2. GRC is too technical and confusing for business users, especially the notifications; avoid at all costs (they will see strange email senders and raise new tickets about possible phishing emails)

You should re-think how end users are notified of completed requests.  In my environment, I prefer to have a closing email notification sent to the Requestor only.  Then, the Requestor needs to email the end user and explain in plain English that their request has been approved and completed, and share the account credentials.  Automating the approval notification through GRC sounds efficient, but it mostly just causes confusion and additional issues from the user's perspective.

You can choose to pursue a programmable fix for this, but I warn you that is a long road.

-Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with your solution, email notification is set to requestor only but requestor is getting email stating role has been provisioned to first user (user1)

This is also not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is what I expected to be the case.  The provisioning details will always read like this in the notification, and I do not have a solution for that.  However, I have included a link to the GRC NWBC within this notification so the Requestor can go search for the request and see which users have been provisioned.  The Requestor then emails them notifying them of the completed request.

I have not discovered a way to modify the provisioning details themselves.  I also have this issue when it is a multi-user request.

-Ken

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Check if this note helps you.

Regards,

Deepak M