cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of adding existing Key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have couple of existing key figures which exist in Planning Book A, Data View A. Now I got a requirement to check if the same existing key figure can be added in Planning Book B, Data View B. What would be the impact and pre cautions to be taken to add this existing key figures in another existing Planning Book and data view.

TIA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

While adding existing key figure in another planning book, you need to make sure that macros written for this planning book doesn't get disturb. If you add KF by default it would go as last KF in PB view but don't try to adjust the position. If you do so make change that is put it somewhere in middle of all key figures make sure you thoroughly check all macro's for this planning book (as sequence of key figures changed).

Regards

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning book is basically only a "presentation" of key figure values which are saved in liveCache. Adding a key figure to multiple planning books will not have any strange effect. The two planning books will present the same set of data. At least I don't see any concerns here.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tired testing in development by adding required key figures and tested Existing Macros Interactively and in back ground.

I have few doubts.

1. Newly added key figures are showing in the bottom of data view. Will there be any impact or checks to be done if I move their position

2.Those key figures are showing in editable mode in the newly added data view. How do I change them to display mode ?

3. one of the newly added key figure is included in Macro of another planning book data view. All those kf's of Macro in another PB already exist in New PB DV. Can I import that Macro to the PB DV where i'm adding KF. Any impact on the same, any pre checks or precautions to be taken ?

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1 - You can do this, but cross check macro's as sequence of key figures changed.

2 - in SDP8B, put planning book and data view. You would see planning book as in interactive planning area. Right click on the KF, click selected rows and then further click on Output only. Save the same.

3 - No, you can import your macro.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

1. How does it may impact on Macros by changing sequence of KF's

2.Tried changing key figure to "Output" Only. I got a pop up asking for " All functional Area" or Select functional area  with options Graphics, Planning Layout and Macro Builder. which one to be selected

Macro, yet to import and test.

TIA

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you define macro's the sequence of KFs is considered and you definition happens accordingly. Now when you insert in between you are changing that sequence which means it might disturb the macros (as they were on previous sequence). Logically macros' they adapt to new sequence and adjust accordingly. But it's better to just review your macro's after such change.

At least I don't get in my system. But I am sure you will have documentation available next to this message go through the same. If in option "Select functional area  with options Graphics, Planning Layout and Macro Builder"  it's asking for selection that is one out of three or two out of three, then select all options. This will be valid for all three. In other you can have either for one or two.

If you still have doubt share your screen shot. Though you can always change from output only to input/output later. So give it a try and check your results.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Well I checked for documentation, unfortunately no document available. Please find screenshot attached.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click All Functional Area.

Let me know if it resolved your issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow as mentioned below. 

* Check If both the planning books are on the same Planning Area

* if yes then definetly you can go ahead the add the KFs.

* check the Macro status before and after adding the KFs. New KF will not affect existing macros    Macros are adjusted automactically.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, same planning area... any other things to take care of or precautions ?

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just take care of above and do one round of testing in development/test environment.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You do not need to worry about anyother things. Just go for it!

Good luck !

Regards,

Suman