Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in processing file to file scenario

manemahesh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have file to file scenario where my sender file channel picks file and receiver channel drops file at ftp location.

Sometimes it happens that it takes too much time to process files picked by sender channel and to drop files at receiver location by receiver channel.

I have attached audit log for the sender as well as receiver channels showing round about 40 minutes delay to put messages into receive queue causing delay to put file in receiver location.

PFA,sender,receiver channel audit log as well as receiver channel configuration screenshot.

I have XI 7.0 version.

Please help to get it sorted out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Yes it might be due to the unavailability of threads for the message processing.

Sometimes, the messages will remain in one state only with out going forward.

Can you check the below blog by Kenny.

Please check and let us know if you still have issues.

Regards

Vishnu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I've noticed your files have a few bytes then the problem could be the system is overloaded, concretely the file adapter. We had the same problem in a SAP PI 7.0. the final solution was to increase the memory and the java nodes.

Regards.

manemahesh
Participant
0 Kudos

what if suppose system is loaded and i am keeping order at runtime parameter in interface determination as unchecked.

Would it process the messages fast.

Also what if i am increasing Maximum Concurrency parameter in Receiver file channel to 10 or some extent as currently this parameter is set to 1.

Please help on above points.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>what if suppose system is loaded and i am keeping order at runtime parameter in interface determination as unchecked.

Would it process the messages fast.

Also what if i am increasing Maximum Concurrency parameter in Receiver file channel to 10 or some extent as currently this parameter is set to 1.

If you don't need those files to be processed in the order, then yes, changing the maximum concurrency && deselecting the check box for run-time order will improve the performance.

Having said that, the number is something depends on your FTP server i.e. how many concurrent connection does it allow to write the files? it doesn't matter how many concurrent connection you configure in PI